Austin Babies

Legit WFH companies (Besides BV)?

I know this has been asked (and answered) before, but I suck at searching for old posts.  Can someone point me to the couple other legit work-from-home companies that have  been recommended on this board besides BV?  Thanks!

Re: Legit WFH companies (Besides BV)?

• Starwood hotels.  You'll have to look them up and go to their career links.  They do call center employees, but everyone works from home now.  You basically just make hotel reservations for people.  Super easy and they're open 24 hours a day so you can kinda make your own hours.  You also get travel perks.  Starwood owns Sheraton, W Hotels...that line.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • why what's wrong with BV? Wink kidding

A friends of mine asked me somewhat recently and I posted here.  This is what I got from it:

OK here is what i found out. Starwood Hotels apparently hires work from home CS phone agents. Here is their website.
    https://www.starwoodhotels.com/corporate/careers/index.html

Also Leapforce is a legit work form home gig, but people have told me the work is not steady.
    https://www.leapforceathome.com/

and then there is this one
    https://www.ubiqus.com/

• Loading the player...
  • imageA&Jmom:

why what's wrong with BV? Wink kidding

Haha!  Nothing!  Well, except they're not hiring for the CA position in Austin, except for people fluent in foreign languages (at least, as far as I can tell from their website).  

But thank you, the Leapforce and Starwood were the ones I was remembering but couldn't think of the name of them. 

• imageangelaggie:
    Starwood hotels.  You'll have to look them up and go to their career links.  They do call center employees, but everyone works from home now.  You basically just make hotel reservations for people.  Super easy and they're open 24 hours a day so you can kinda make your own hours.  You also get travel perks.  Starwood owns Sheraton, W Hotels...that line.

Is this only for peeps in Austin? Or are there positions available for anyone?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageamyliisa:
    imageA&Jmom:

why what's wrong with BV? Wink kidding

Haha!  Nothing!  Well, except they're not hiring for the CA position in Austin, except for people fluent in foreign languages (at least, as far as I can tell from their website).  

But thank you, the Leapforce and Starwood were the ones I was remembering but couldn't think of the name of them. 

not right now, but they have been hiring pretty steadily for the past year. You just have to catch the posting at the right time. FB message me if your interested!

• I did LF and while it is definitely legit, I'd try other things first.

There is a lot of upfront reading/training for LF that goes unpaid. With each new module, there's training that goes along w/ it. Again, unpaid.

Once you start working on the modules (which are ridiculously easy), the work is unreliable both in availability and length. You might sit down, ready to work for three hours and find that there is only 5 min of work available. Conversely, you might only have 30 min to work and when you sit down, the module might be 1.5 hours long (if you don't finish the entire thing, the assignment isn't counted). You aren't told at the start how long the module should take.

Finally, you are punished for being fast. I am a fast, accurate reader and I was alllllllways getting email feedback from them saying that I was finishing things in 1 min when I should be taking 3. I had high accuracy scores, but they wanted me to slow down, which I thought was lame.

• American Airlines does WFH you have to watch their website.
    Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageKristieR2007:
    What is BV?

https://www.bazaarvoice.com/

From what I understand, it's moderating online content on websites. Like feedback left on TripAdvisor?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"