Babies: 3 - 6 Months

My 5 Month Old Son Wears 12 Month Clothes.

My Son Is A Chunky Little One. He Probably Weighs A Good 18-19lbs. He's Only 5 Months, And Can Wear 12 Month Clothes. The Only Jeans That Fit Him Are That Size. Anyone Else Have Little Ones That Big? Is He Overweight?

Re: My 5 Month Old Son Wears 12 Month Clothes.

• At my LO's 4 month appointment he weighed 16.5 lbs.  I am assuming that he will be about 18 at his 6 month appointment.  He is in the 80th percentile.  However, he is very long so he can wear six month onesies but his pants have to be at least 9 months or they are too short.  Did the pedi give you the percentiles?  I do not think your LO is overweight at all.  You just have a healthy chunky monkey on your hands...Enjoy him!  :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is normal. No he is not overweight.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a tubby one too:-) She's 99th for height and weight. She's 3 month, 2 weeks and can comfortably rock size 9 month clothes:-)
  • I have a big baby girl too. At her 4 month appointment, she was 18 pounds and 26 inches. She is 5 months now and easily fits 12 month clothes. She has long arms and legs, so most 9 month clothes are short on her arms.. not to mention tight on her arm rolls.. :) She is about the 95% in both height and weight. I guess shes just a big girl, shes breastfed and only gets some baby food around lunch time..
  • My daughter is 5 and a half months and she's sick so we took her to the doctor last week and she weighed in at 18lbs.  LOL!  At her 4 month appointment she was 26 and a half inches long, so i'm sure she's even taller now.  She has a long torso, so she is wearing either 9 month onesies, or 6-12 depending on where they are from. but is wearing 6-9 month bottoms. 
    She doesn't seem overly chunky to me though, just bigger all around I guess. 
    I'm sure he's fine!  Yay for chubby babies!!!
  • Why did you capitalize every word?
  • My son is not quite 4 months and is moving into either 9 month or 6-12 month depending on the brand.  He isn't super heavy (maybe 14-15 lbs?) but he's really tall (like 26") with long limbs.  The 6 month stuff is just barely long enough in the arms and legs and some of it's already too small!

And no, your LO is not overweight! 

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*
  • My son was the same way. At 6 months he was 20lbs. At 2, he is below average in weight for his height. It's very normal for babies to be chubby and slim down once they gain mobility.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS turns 5 months old on Monday.  He's just over 28" tall and 21lbs. He has outgrown the majority of his 6-12 month clothes and is now wearing 12-18 month old clothes. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"