Eco-Friendly Family

No poo since Aug & might fall off the wagon!

I'm seriously hard-core craving a sudsy scrub.  It's not that I need the shampoo, but it would just feel so good to lather up.  Gah...I feel like some sort of addict that needs a fix.  Any other no poo'ers go through this?  Do you miss the suds?

Re: No poo since Aug & might fall off the wagon!

• I don't miss the suds but I miss being able to do things with my hair from Wednesday-Friday.  I am still having to put it back in a ponytail because it's limp and getting too greasy to really do much else.  But, when I think of rinsing it or washing it, I don't do it because I'm too lazy =P
  • I used real styling products before my hot birthday date with DH last week, and then used shampoo that night.  My hair's been wrecked ever since.  It's limp, greasy, and dull. 

I'd say that if you really want to use shampoo that badly then go for it, but you might be surprised at how fast you run back to your baking soda!

• Loading the player...
  • Ok, I suppose, but for some reason I'm really missing my suds all the sudden.  I don't know why.  It's really the only time that I've seriously considered switching back since I started BS/ACV.  Maybe I need to try some essential oils.  Maybe a new scent (besides ACV) will help.  Thanks ladies!

• imageCD+AL:
    Ok, I suppose, but for some reason I'm really missing my suds all the sudden.  I don't know why.  It's really the only time that I've seriously considered switching back since I started BS/ACV.  Maybe I need to try some essential oils.  Maybe a new scent (besides ACV) will help.  Thanks ladies!

If you want some suds, but don't want to mess up your hard work, you could always try an all-natural/organic shampoo bar. I get tons of lather with mine, but it has none of the bad effects of commercial shampoo. I use a shampoo bar with a acv rinse and an occasional baking soda clarifier, but had to go through the same "detox" phase as 'no poo'. I can switch back and forth with no problem and the shampoo bars are gentle enough to use every day if there is a "off" day that I want my hair to look really nice/fresh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I might fall off the wagon too.  I've been since November I think and my hair has never gone back down in grease from after Christmas.  I'm really getting sick of wearing my hair in a pony tail all the time, I might be switching back to real shampoo because I'm pretty sure a greasy pony tail doesn't really look professional.. :-/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"