1st Trimester

Beta hcg levels- very high? twins??

Okay just got my levels taken and my OBGYN called me and said they were very high 7224!! She said it might be twins! Has anyone had these levels this high and are they expecting twins?? I am just trying to take this all in.. any advice would be fabulous!!!Big Smile

Re: Beta hcg levels- very high? twins??

• How many dpo was your blood draw?  You can check it on https://betabase.info/ to see what other people have had with singletons/multiples at your dpo
  • thanks for that site.It really helped. It was taken at 21 days DPO which means I am double over the median Hcg levels. guess I wont know until the ultrasound.. I am not on the highest level possible but definately over double the median..

I am just soaking this all in, guess those HPT's really are accurate!! 

Thanks again!

• Loading the player...
  • I was way over the median #'s (I was even over the median #'s for triplet pregnancies) and I'm just having one!  Beta #'s vary greatly and depend on many things.  The only way to find out if it's twins is to have an u/s after 6w.

GL and congrats on the great number! 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• hard to say at 21 days.  most people (and this might be a generalization) don't have betas that late.  my draw at 11 days past ET was 464 and 13 days past was over 1600 who know what it would have been a week later.  high numbers can also mean ectopic.  an ultrasound is the only way to tell if it is twins or a single!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Period was supposed to come on Wed ( last week), took the Pregnancy test on Friday got the BFP, and had my blood drawn yesterday.  So wouldn't that be 21 days DPO? I believe I ovulated on Jan 24th.. thanks for the help.. I am just trying to wrap my head around all of this! I appreciate all of the insight and advice
  • The range is super wide-

Mine were really really high:

135.1 at 11dpo

406  at 13 dpo 

5423 at 19dpo (so would have been over 10K at 21 dpo)

and were 84427 at 31 dpo

--U/S says one happy baby--

GL to you --that is a great number either way~

BFP#1 twins--m/c Baby B-- DC#1 DS 03/22/05 BFP#2 m/c 2006 BFP#3/DC#2 DD 10/22/09 BFP #4! EDD 9/15/12 at 9 dpo BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageADub09:
    hard to say at 21 days.  most people (and this might be a generalization) don't have betas that late.  my draw at 11 days past ET was 464 and 13 days past was over 1600 who know what it would have been a week later.  high numbers can also mean ectopic.  an ultrasound is the only way to tell if it is twins or a single!

Everyone is right. Hcg is totally variable. Your values are on the very high end of normal. The u/s will show you for sure!

Just to clarify a point on the post above. Hcg levels with ectopic pregnancies are usually not high. In fact, they are most often very low and can fluctuate up and down. The type of nonviable pregnancy that can have very high Hcg levels is a molar pregnancy (which is maybe what ADub was thinking of). However, these are very rare, and most pregnancies with high Hcg are normal pregnancies (and sometimes multiples). It is possible that you miscalculated your O date (do you chart?) 

Good luck, OP!  

Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"