Indiana Babies

let's talk vacations

1. tell us about your favorite vacation.

2. do you have any vacations coming up?

3. where/what would your dream vacation be?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: let's talk vacations

• 1. i think my favorite vacation took place when "A" was about 4 months old.  DH had to travel to North Caroline for soccer so "A" and I tagged along.  when he was done with soccer we drove over to the outer banks and had a couple relaxing days at the beach.  it was just a simple little get away as a family, and i'd love to have another trip like that!

2. we've traveled the last couple of years for spring break (hilton head and orlando) but this year we're just going to the great wolfe lodge in sandusky.  i'm sure it'll be a great time, but i'm a little sad to not be headed somewhere warm and sunny.

3.  DH and i would absolutely love to make it to hawaii someday.

• 1. tell us about your favorite vacation. My favorite was probably our honeymoon. We spent a week in the Caribbean and it was heavenly. I could spend every day of my life on the beach and be perfectly content!

2. do you have any vacations coming up? We are going to NYC to celebrate our third anniversary - can't wait!

3. where/what would your dream vacation be? A little hut over the water in Tahiti. See # 1 : )

• Loading the player...
  • imageIndynurse12:

1. tell us about your favorite vacation. My favorite was probably our honeymoon. We spent a week in the Caribbean and it was heavenly. I could spend every day of my life on the beach and be perfectly content!

2. do you have any vacations coming up? We are going to NYC to celebrate our third anniversary - can't wait!

3. where/what would your dream vacation be? A little hut over the water in Tahiti. See # 1 : )

have you been to nyc before?!  i've been twice and it's one of my absolute favorite places to visit! have fun! :)

• imagespartan2005:
    imageIndynurse12:

1. tell us about your favorite vacation. My favorite was probably our honeymoon. We spent a week in the Caribbean and it was heavenly. I could spend every day of my life on the beach and be perfectly content!

have you been to nyc before?!  i've been twice and it's one of my absolute favorite places to visit! have fun! :)

We went last year for our second anniversary and loved it! That was the first time for both of us - can't wait to go back and hit all the stuff we missed the first time. Not like you can ever see it all, but we try : ) 

• 1. Tell us about your favorite vacation. - DH & I went to Italy for two weeks last May as a happy graduation / birthday / baby trip and it was lovely!2. Do you have any vacations coming up? - We'll be going to Tybee Island, GA with DH's family this summer.3. Where/what would your dream vacation be? - That's such a hard decision!  Lately DH has been dreaming of going to Israel and I've been dreaming of Patagonia in Chile.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagespartan2005:

1. tell us about your favorite vacation.

My favorite vacation was also our honeymoon. We took a risk and booked our honeymoon (to immediately follow our wedding) during prime hurricane season and we went to Key Largo. It turned out to be an AWESOME trip. The weather was wonderful, and there were very few people at our resort. We stayed at the hilton in a beautiful oceanview suite with a huge wrap-around deck.  We had alot of private time on the beach. We rented a brand new mustang convertible for the trip and we took a day to drive down through all of the islands and visit each one. We spent some time in Key West which was also fun. We went snorkeling, and had a very romantic oceanside dinner in Islamorada. It was wonderful.

2. do you have any vacations coming up?

None planned. With LO due in May and me using all of my vacation,sick and personal time for maternity leave, I do not think we will have another vacation until 2013 at the earliest.

3. where/what would your dream vacation be?

Hawaii!!

• 1. Loved our cruise to the western carribean, especially Honduras. Unfortunately, our camera was lost/stolen there so we lost all of our photos :( I also really enjoyed taking Jocelyn to Disney last fall - best day of her life!

2. Yes! I am attending a conference for work in VEGAS at the end of the month, and Chris is going with me! We are taking a few days on the front end to just relax without the kids and I can't wait. Best part is that a lot of the trip is paid for since I'm presenting some research at the conference :)

3. I can't wait for an opportunity to go explore Europe.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1.  I would have to say that I loved our cruise to the western carribean that we just took.  It was a blast.  All of our ports were awesome, but the tour we did on Roatan was the best!  Our honeymoon to Cancun is a close second.  We still had a blast, even though we didn't get to do half the things we wanted because of the hurricane.

2.  Since we have taken 2 huge trips in the past 5 months, we don't have any vacations planned.  We probably won't go on another major vacation for awhile.  DH's parent's have a place on the Ohio RIver, and his uncle has a couple of boats...so we'll take some weekend trips down to the river.  Other than that...nothing planned.  We keep joking that our next big vacation will be when we have kids, and then it'll be to Disney World!

3.  There are so many places I would like the visit - Hawaii, Australia, Aruba, Eastern Carrbiean, Italy.

DH: 34  
    Aug 2013 - SA: Counts & Motility = great, Morph = 1%; RE didn't seem too concerned

Me: 26
    Jan. 2014 - Blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = high & AMH = low (0.73)
    Feb. 6, 2014 - Repeat blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = normal & AMH = low (0.9)
    Feb.  20, 2014 - First appointment with RE
    Feb. 24, 2014 - HSG scheduled;  DX:  one tube definitely open & one tube could be blocked
    Mar. 7, 2014 - CD 21 Blood work for Progesterone; DX:  Progesterone level at 5.2; shows I ovulated but was low
    Mar. 28, 2014 - Laparoscopy; DX:  Tubes open.  Found some endometriosis and had that removed.

History:
    Started TTC:  June 2012
    June 2012 - March 2013:  When it Happens/it happens method = BFN
    March 2013:  Started using Fertility Friend
    Cycles 1 - 15 with Fertility Friend = BFN
    Cycle 16 - Benched due to Laparoscopy
    Cycle 17 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 18 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19 - Natural Cycle = BFN

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

• 1.  Toss up between our honeymoon at Couples Swept Away - super relaxing and beautiful, or 2 weeks in Italy.

2.  Planning to go to Arizona in December, but that seems SO far away!

3.  Somewhere totally tropical - like Figi and stay in a glass bottom hut over the ocean.

Owen and Olivia born on November 2, 2011 at 30.5 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. I loved when DH and I went to Vegas for our honeymoon! We are not really big city people but we just feel in love with Vegas! It is just so different than any place we'd ever been! There is something for everyone there and we look forward to going back someday!

2. They aren't really going to be vacations, haha, but we'll be traveling to Kalamazoo, Michigan in August for my college roommate/bestie's wedding. Then in September we'll be going to a small town near Tampa for another best friends wedding :) DH is a little nervous because he'll be flying solo with baby bear while I'm in the Michigan wedding, but I know he'll be fine ;)

3. It's cliche, but I would love to go to Paris someday. We were supposed to go for our honeymoon, but ran out of money, haha! So we stayed at the Paris Las Vegas instead ;) it was beautiful too! 

image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. Favorite vacation: Rome for 7 days by myself.

2. Not really soon. My parents are taking me (and my sisters/significant others) to Alaska in 2013.

3. Some where nice and warm. Tahiti or someplace with a nice beach!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. Alaska this past summer visiting the in-laws...I was still having morning sickness then and was constantly tired, but it was such a great time. I especially enjoyed the train ride to Denali

2. Looking forward to a week vacation to visit family in Texas this summer

3. Dreaming of a nice beach vacation...maybe Hawaii?? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  My favorite vacation was probably when my family went to Maui.  We had a condo right on the beach, so we could walk out and go swimming, collect shells, check out the tide pools, etc.  We went to a luau and drove the road to Hana (hello carsick!).  It was a great trip.  My second favorite was my trip around Europe last year with DH to celebrate his graduation from grad school.  We went to London, Budapest, Prague, and Vienna.  It was a quick trip, but I would love to go back to each of those cities.  They were amazing.

2.  We are going to visit my family in Phoenix before the baby comes.  Other than that, no.

3.  I would love to go to Fiji or Tahiti and stay in one of those huts that has a glass floor overlooking the ocean so you can see the fish swimming by.  

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageIndynurse12:

Great minds!

No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • imageraches:

3.  Somewhere totally tropical - like Figi and stay in a glass bottom hut over the ocean.

It looks like Indynurse, you and I need to get our travel on together!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"