2nd Trimester
Options

For the decaf coffee drinkers...

I know it's been said before that most decaf coffee is decaf because the caffeine was chemically removed.  Does anyone know the brands that do not use chemicals to remove the caffeine?   I have been drinking a good bit of caffeine free and want to avoid the chemicals!  

Thanks so much for the help! 

Re: For the decaf coffee drinkers...

• Options

I am not sure if your area has a Trader Joe's but they have some good organic coffees (free of caffeine and chemicals).  The coffee beans are rinsed and washed rather than using artificial compounds and chemicals to decaffeinate the beans. If you don't have a Trader Joe's, I am sure you can find organic coffee sold with other retailers. 

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    Newman's Own Organic Decaf. I even called the 800 number on the back of my K-cups box to be sure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies.  We do have a Trader Joes - in fact I'm going there today!  Thanks, I will check theirs out.  If it says "organic" does that mean it was rinsed? not chemically treated?!?
  • Options
    I had no idea they used chemicals to take out the cafeine! Well. Now I think I'd rather have a cup of cafeinated than a couple cups of decaf.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I just look for "Swiss water process" on the label.

• Options

imageBecc77:
    Newman's Own Organic Decaf. I even called the 800 number on the back of my K-cups box to be sure.

This. These are the k-cups I use. Also, Gloria Jeans decaf is chemical free.

Most organic coffees are chemical free. The best way to know for sure is to call their customer service number, or to check their website. Most will say "swiss water process" or "chemical free" on their packaging or website.

FYI - Starbucks no longer uses chemical free in their coffee shop decaf. I was sooo bummed!

BFP 9/8/10... D&C 10/18/10
    RIP Angel Bear We will always love and miss you xoxo

BFP 10/7/2011; EDD 7/15/12 - STICK BABY STICK!!!!

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"