1st Trimester
Options

7 weeks...feeling awful

I'm 7 weeks today and over the last week my symptoms have really started to kick in. I feel so tired, nauseated all the time, and I threw up all weekend long. The worst is having to go to work and stare at a computer all day. I've been taking Zofran to stop the vomiting, but it makes me feel like I'm underwater all day. I'm so excited to be pregnant and especially because this is our first, but it's hard to get past feeling like crap all the time!

Anyone else feel the same?  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 7 weeks...feeling awful

• Options
    Same here. Last week nausea hit me like a Mac Truck. Thankfully no vomiting yet, but I just want to lay on the couch all day. I'm feeling so guilty too because I just got my degree and am supposed to be looking for a job but instead just sit here trying not to move to keep food down. This is our first too so feeling the same way. 
  • Options

I was feeling so sick from the beginning of my pregnancy.  It seemed like nothing would work to help ease the sick feeling.  Try taking some preggy pops to work and sucking on those when you're feeling too sick to eat anything.  They don't totally take the sick feeling away but it helps a little bit.  My doctor prescribed me dicletin for M/S and it works really well.  Maybe you could ask to switch to a different medication?  I find really cold water with lemon or lime helps as well.

Also, I'm not quite through my first trimester and I'm not feeling as sick anymore which is a relief.  Hang in there... you'll hopefully feel better soon enough!  Good luck... hope the preggy pops help.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I will tell you the next few weeks are going to be the longest in your life.  Most likely you have not told many people you are pregnant so you cannot complain to everyone and you feel crappy.  I highly recommend limiting your plans outside of work so you can get plenty of rest.  Identity the foods that you are OK with.

But in about 4-5 weeks you are going to feel SO much better and you will rejoice in how much better you feel compared to the first trimester.  Good luck. 

995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm facing the same struggles myself.  We found about we were pregnant about 3 weeks ago, and these 3 weeks have been some of the longest of my life.  I count down the days to my 2nd tri, although I know it won't magically switch off, I'm just mentally trying to focus on that so I realize this too shall pass. 

When I'm having a really hard day, I just remind myself of this little creation and I offer it up to him/her.  Sometimes it makes me feel a little better, just a little!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Im feeling the same way, tired and more tired.... the smell of some foods make me nauseous. I can't wait for the trimester to be over either :(

• Options

I am also 7 weeks. I have been feeling nauseous since 5 weeks but I did not start throwing up until this past Thursday. I was stuck home all weekend, I couldn't keep ANYTHING down, not even water. The preggie pops work for some, but I can not even get those in my mouth. They just don't sound good to me. I am also on Zofran, and I find that it works best if I take it with dinner and then I try to wakeup two hours before I need to be up, and take it, and go back to bed. That way the medicine has time to sit before I am up and moving around. It does make you tired. My best adivce is to excersize. I feel like total hell in a handbasket if I don't at least walk for 15 minutes or do pilates. You don't need to over do it, but every little bit helps.

It will be over before we know it! Just remember that usually the sicker you are the healthier the baby. That is what I try to tell myself at least! And I am just happy to have syptoms so that I am reminded the baby is ok!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"