Upstate NY Babies

Breech babies

I'm 33 weeks today and baby is still breech. What are the percentages of my baby turning do you think? Anybody else have a breech baby at this point? Your thoughts?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Breech babies

• My first baby was breech until 37 weeks.  It was only at 38 my Dr would have been concerned.  I know a lot of people on this board and others where their babies flipped late.  Good luck!
  • Thanks, articfox
  • Loading the player...
  • I think babies turning that late is pretty rare. I think my OB said flips after 35 weeks are rare. My DD was breech for like the whole third trimester. I decided against having the OB try to turn her after talking and deciding that there could be a reason for this- particularly the position of the cord. So I did the floor exercises - like rocking on hands and knees..but it didn't work. So I had a c/s at 39 weeks. 
  • Thanks for your info too Telyco. I was told that I would be checked at 36 weeks..if still breech then I would have to make a c section appt. I think they would still monitor up until the 39 week mark to see if baby has turned. They didn't mention the version thing but I'm not interested...too many horror stories on the net. If my baby is breech, I think there is a reason for it. They're running the show, right? 
  • DD was breech until 37 weeks then turned on her own...you still have time!
  • DS flip flopped quite a bit between 33 weeks and 38 weeks. However, I had excess fluid. He was head down, but turned ever so slightly, so after not dilating, we ended up in a c-section anyway(I was induced, due to PROM).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks girls!
  • I personally would have declined a version, but tried to flip the baby on my own thru something like www.spinningbabies.com

• Fairly late the dr. told me my DS was breech.  I scheduled the c-section.  The morning of the c, the midwife checked me via ultrasound and he was head down.  No idea exactly when he flipped but it had to be after 35 weeks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is less common for babies to flip so late, especially since it is so tight in there.  But it is completely possible.  As far as I know, c/s are scheduled approx 1 week prior to the EDD, which is why my OB wasn't going to discuss it until 37-38 weeks. 
  • My 2nd flipped back and forth 3 times after 33 weeks.. She was breech at 33 and 34 weeks, head down at 35, breech at 36 and finally went head down and stayed that way at 37 weeks..  Such a stinker.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Wow, just went to my 34 week appointment and apparently my baby moved and is head down. Woohoo!! First time my baby has cooperated and listened to me. I was telling my baby to move down...haha..sounds weird but hey I tried. It'll be the first and last time my child listens to me. Hope this baby stays head down. Now just have to hope my low lying placenta moves up...hahaha...always something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"