Military Families

Nursery Ideas

Lord knows we have to move often enough and too much personalization of a space isn't really an option when you're not sure how long you're going to be in it and/or it doesn't belong to you.  Just wondered how you ladies that have done this before made the baby's room feel special in a space where you weren't allowed to be as creative as you'd like to be!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nursery Ideas

• I'm a FTM, so I don't have a lot of advice, but i'll be using wall decals. We've been renting for the past few years and we intend to for the next couple of years, so painting is usually out of the question or more of a hassle than it's worth. I think decals are good for keeping the walls from looking so bare and adding character and detail. And, they're pretty easy to remove once you leave. I also intend to cover my outlets and light switches using decoupage and scrapbooking paper. I figure, these are things that are easliy replacable that I can go out and buy and take with us when we move.
  • I plan on framing everything, I found a couple of ideas on pinterest. We're moving about 2 months after LO gets here so I thought nailing stuff up would be easy enough. Also we bought a play yard:

https://www.target.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/p/InGenuity-by-Bright-Starts-SleepEasy-Playard/-/A-13946308

and don't plan on getting any furniture until we get to our next duty station (Presidio of Monterey) I can't wait to be able to furniture shop and get a glider! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto PP on nailing things up. I also got a really busy print for his curtains. Granted, we did paint the walls in his room, mostly because my sister was visiting and she really wanted to do it. I probably would have left them white, and we'll obviously have to paint the back when we leave. 

But I went to town on patterns in curtains, sheets, bumpers, etc. And I hung up framed things.  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I decorated just like I would if we weren't a military family. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemeltoine:

Ditto PP on nailing things up. I also got a really busy print for his curtains. Granted, we did paint the walls in his room, mostly because my sister was visiting and she really wanted to do it. I probably would have left them white, and we'll obviously have to paint the back when we leave. 

But I went to town on patterns in curtains, sheets, bumpers, etc. And I hung up framed things.  

This is what we did as well. We left the walls white and picked bright and colorful patterened linens and drapes. I hung a bunch of floating shelves/cubes (espresso to match the furniture)  to display other artwork/toys, etc. We did one large decal over the crib. LO loves to cuddle in our laps and look around at the shelves on the wall, and when he was an itty-bitty nerborn he was completely captivated by the way the sunlight would create silohettes of the patterns on the curtains. Despite the white walls, and builder grade everything, it is probably the coziest, homiest room in the house.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"