Military Families
Options

My Gym vs. Little Gym vs. Gymboree

Thoughts?So far we've tried out The Little Gym and My Gym.  Here are my assessments from one class each (our son is 27 months old): - The Little Gym: structured; focuses on specific skills- My Gym: not as structured; much open play time with no direction; doesn't focus much on specific skillsConcerns:  Does Little Gym offer enough play time?  Does My Gym offer too much and not enough actual skill goals?We haven't been to Gymboree yet, but that will be next weekend. Please share your thoughts on your experiences at each!  Thanks!

Re: My Gym vs. Little Gym vs. Gymboree

• Options
    Mostly lurk here (because I don't belong here yet) but in my experience the differences mostly depend on the actual owners of the establishment more that they name of the place. They all are supposed to have age appropriate lesson plans, but it's up to the owner how strictky they follow the plan. We like the local Gymboree here because it is run by a mother and her daughters, and they are really personal and friendly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options

We did Gymboree for about 7 months. I loved the owner, teachers, and my daughter liked the class. It was structured, but if your kid didn't want to do all the planned activities they really didn't care if they did their own thing. They also gave a military discount. 

We ended up leaving because another parent did a hit and run on my car. It was a lot of damage about 2k and it was really ackward after that since we were still in the same class and had it not been for another parent I never would have got his plate number, plus we are getting ready to PCS. Overall I would say well worth the money.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi You :)  We've done My Gym, Little Gym and Gymboree and Gymboree was a favorite for both me and my boys.  I liked that Gymboree worked on gross motor skills with specific tasks they had set up but also allowed them some free play.  They loved the songs (my six year old will still have me sing some of his Gymboree songs to him!), the bubbles and the all around environment. 

When we did Little Gym it felt as though it was a little too focused on basic gymnastics skills and I've found that when that's what my guys want (because they have been in gymnastics) it's better to go to an actual gymnastics gym.  The coaches there felt more knowledgeable about how to teach the skills and having the boys complete them.  As for My Gym, it was nice but I felt as though it didn't incorporate the all around learning and stimulation of Gymboree, it focused more on gross motor with some basic gymnastics, which again, for that I'm going to take them to an actual gymnastics class. 

Sorry if that's long and rambly and doesn't make sense.  Bottom line, don't make a decision until you check out the Gymboree class and if you're looking for something more along the lines of developing actual basic gymnastic skills (which is great for little guys!) check out some of your gymnastic places and see what kind of toddler classes they offer.

Mama to three boys Nathan Reese 9.05 Conrad Elijah 5.08 Ezekiel Drake "Zeke" 4.12
  • Options
    My DS, 31 months old, goes to J.W. Tumbles (they were acquired by Kidville in the last year or two). I like that they do circle time (two of them as the kids get older) and gross motor skills with different cool equipment, while allowing for free play, as well. As someone else mentioned, a lot of it depends upon franchise owners and locations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I haven't tried My Gym or Little Gym but I do have my baby in Gymboree and I love it! I really like that each class has a planned set of activities that flow smoothly from activity to the next.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"