Adoption
Options

Ohio adoption

Ladies from Ohio, any suggestions on agencies? I have heard some good things about catholic charities. We live in the northwest Ohio region. Thanks! Hope you all have a great weekend.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ohio adoption

• Options

Hi!  

We're also in NW Ohio :)  We're using Adoption Link, located in Yellow Springs, but we also looked at a couple of options in Columbus (Adoption by Gentle Care and ... another one that I'm blanking on right now).  We didn't look into Catholic Charities, so no help there.  

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions I can help with.  It's rare to run into other people from our neck of the woods :) 

• Options

Thanks so much, just out of curiosity what made you pick the one you did?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just realized you probably want to discuss this through PM right? Sorry newbie here lol
  • Options

There is a lot to consider, but after we decided domestic was the way to go for us, we found that a few other priorities surfaced pretty quickly too.  

We didn't want to have to travel 2 hours to do trainings with an agency (some would have meant lots of trips to Columbus or Cleveland) and liked that our agency is hands off on the homestudy classes we needed to take, allowing us to do them on our time and locally.  

We also liked that the placement rate is very good and averaging pretty high (50-60/yr with average 20-25 waiting potential adoptive families).  

And, the bottom line is pretty good with them too.  Fees are among the lowest we saw.  

We also briefly considered an agency in CA that had similar characteristics, but ultimately decided we'd rather focus closer to home.  Plus, the costs outside the agency (BM expenses, legal) had the potential to be much higher in CA.  

I'm happy to go into more detail if you're interested.  Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my email address :)   

• Options

Totally agree on the Adoption Link agency. We are with them too and should finalize in a few months. They have their stuff together and after being with another agency pursuing international, I am very, very pleased with how well they handle things on the domestic side. 

Feel free to PM as well.  

• Options

imagechristineandaaron:
    Ladies from Ohio, any suggestions on agencies? I have heard some good things about catholic charities. We live in the northwest Ohio region. Thanks! Hope you all have a great weekend.

I'm from NW Ohio too! :) 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    MC #1- Jamie George 6/7/08, MC #2- Christian Aaron 1/15/09

BFP! 3/25/09 BETA 1 (4/7/09) -# 9659 BETA 2 (4/10/09) - # 19171 Born 12/6/09 - Our precious girl.

MC #3- Ashley Grace 2/15/11, MC #4- Amelia Noel 12/30/11
    MC #5- Antonio 9/8/12

BFP! 10/6/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Adoption Circle in Columbus is a wonderful agency
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"