Nurseries and Baby Gear

How many swaddlers/Miracle blankets?

How many of these do we need?   Are the miracle blankets worth the extra expense or are the cheaper ones (Summer Infant etc) from BRU ok?

Re: How many swaddlers/Miracle blankets?

• NOTHING is as good as the Miracle blanket (they aren't comparable, IMO).  We survived on just one Miracle Blanket, but we were able to get it into the laundry as needed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • IMO, Aden & Anais muslin swaddle blankets are the best. We have 8 (2 pks). I didn't really care for the Miracle Blanket. I think the Halo velcro swaddles were better than the MB, I think I have 2-3 Halo velcro swaddles. FWIW, my DD wouldn't sleep unless she was swaddled for 7+ months. I thought we'd be sending her to college swaddled! LOL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We skipped the miracle blanket and just bought a bunch of the Halo Sleepsacks.  DS didn't like to be swaddled and it was nice that the small Sleepsacks had removable wings so we didn't have to keep the swaddle part on since we didn't need it. 
  • I had one Miracle Blanket and we were fine with that.  I would wash it once a week, but it never really got dirty.  I also had like 8 other kinds of swaddlers- Halo Swaddle Sack, Swaddle Me, etc... but the Miracle Blanket was our saver.  I guess all babies are different so if a cheaper one works then dont bother even trying to more expensive ones. I used Aden and Anais muslin blankets for naps during day,
  • I had a bunch of different ones. I would have been good with 2 Miracle blankets but I do still use our A&A and Swaddle Design blankets a lot because they are big enough to still use for a one year old's nap/stroller/yard blanket.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I had 4 or 5 swaddle blankets for ds but used them maybe 2 or 3 times since he HATED being swaddled. So I gave them all away when he was a baby. Now that I am expecting #2 I thought I should have a few again as he might like to be swaddled. SO I picked up another 4 at a yard sale last summer and spent a whopping 2.00 for them and they're in brand new condition too. If this baby hates being swaddled at least Im only out 2.00 for them.

Never had any experience w/ the miracle blanket though.

• I had no interest in paying full price for the miracle blanket and was really happy to find one on open box clearance. Once I had dd, I would have paid anything to replace it if something had happened to it. For daytime, we used the A/A, but nighttime was miracle all the way. They're pretty easy to find in second hand stores barely used since you don't use them too long. I hated the velcro ones.
  • imageCrazyToast:
    NOTHING is as good as the Miracle blanket (they aren't comparable, IMO).  We survived on just one Miracle Blanket, but we were able to get it into the laundry as needed.

This. We are buying a second one for this LO just so I don't have to scramble to do laundry so quickly. Two is plenty.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had two swaddlers when he was itty bitty and then when he outgrew them we used two miracle blankets.  Probably could've skipped the swaddlers though.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not all babies like to be swaddled, I would only buy a few until you know your baby's preferences. My DS doesn't care if he's swaddled. We have 1 MB and 4 A&A blankets, we rarely use them.

• I've only used the Summer Infant SwaddleMe blankets and really like them.  Originally, I wanted 2, but ended up with 4.  Having 4 was nice, but I could have gotten by with just 2.  But looking back, I would recommend having at least 3.
  • Get one of each until you know what works for you. We had too many of one kind and not enough of the one we like in the end (Halo swaddle sack). We only have one cotton one in his current size.

Also, the fleece Halo ones are really hot. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 8/27/10 - D&C 10/27/10 @ 13 weeks to Trisomy 18
    Missing our Angel Baby Gabriel
    BFP#2 - 3/18/11 - CP 3/19/11 BFP#3 - 4/27/11 - Due 1/9/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"