1st Trimester

Sour patch kids, what the heck

So, I've seen a lot of morning sickness mamas on here claiming that sour patch kids work wonders against the nausea. Since I felt pretty bad when I was getting ready to leave the house today, I took them with me. If anything, they made me feel worse! Guess they're not my antidote.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sour patch kids, what the heck

• imageLoisLane23:
    I eat Sweet Tarts.

Ugh, I'm almost afraid to try anything else with a similar flavor.

• When I do get them they make me feel so much better! Sorry it wasn't helpful for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't been able to eat any sort of candy without feeling sick.  But the tums are being eaten like candy ;) LOL

• Cherry flavored lollipops are my go to when nothing else is working.  They especially seem to help when in the car.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My doctor told me yesterday that the science behind these type of antidotes is that they help give your blood sugar a little boost, which is often what causes you to feel sick (low blood glucose).  So while Sour Patch Kids work for some but not you, try something that you normally love that has sugar in it...I tried Jolly Ranchers and they seem to work for me!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What about Jolly Ranchers?  I have a co-worker who swore that sucking on Jolly Ranchers helped to ease her nausea.  I can't say that they've been a miracle cure for me, but I do think that sucking on hard candy - ANY hard candy - does help slightly.

Edit:  oops!  I did not see that the poster above me also mentioned Jolly Ranchers!  I say, give them a try!

image Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Try chewing gum...it only lasts until the flavor is gone, but that's been helping for me.  Also, lots of snacks.  I ate salt and vinegar chips with cantaloupe on the side for a week!  lol...Hope we all get to feeling better soon.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sour patch kids made me super sick too!  Jolly Ranchers and mint gum are the best so far, but I'm thinking Sweet Tarts sound good too, LOL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Try lemonade! I (luckily) haven't had any morning sickness but my cousin and a friend say lemonade is AMAZING!
    image IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"