Adoption

Our file's at the Embassy in Peru!

It made it!  We were a bit worried because we heard of one family that was waiting for over 3 weeks for their file to make it from USCIS to the National Visa Center, and the NVC hasn't confirmed receipt of our file yet.  (The other family is adopting from Mexico, but all Hague files go from the same USCIS office to the NVC in Washington D.C. before being sent to the US Embassy in the coutry the family is adopting from.)

Anyway, our file made it to Peru!  And our lawyer will deliver the necessary paperwork tomorrow morning, so we should hopefully have our Article 5 (which is our final approval, the one that says we can start the process in-country and actually see J) by the end of the week!  Which means we should stay on schedule, and we're almost certainly flying out on February 24th!

Yeay!!!!!  Only 15 more days!!!!!  We fly 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!!!

Party!!!  Travel

Re: Our file's at the Embassy in Peru!

• Yay!  Hope these next 2 weeks fly by for you!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Eeeeeeeeeee! So excited for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wonderful!!!  Only 2 more weeks!! :):)
  • EEEEEEEEEEEEEE! So exciting! J & M, brothers brothers brothers! Yayyayyay happy family tiiiiiime! (extemporaneous song, just for you! I know you'll treasure it forever Wink )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    Application approved Dec '11
    Mar '12: Homestudy interrupted by change in Uganda requirements - where do we go from here?
    After searching and searching, back with Uganda but with our homestudy agency's program.
    Homestudy complete July 19
    USCIS I-600A submitted July 20. Biometrics appointments arrived Aug 17; fingerprinted Aug 21; 171H received Sept 25th. On the wait list Oct 1st: #18. By Jan 25th, we're #13!
    Come home, baby A!
  • Yayayyaaaaa!!!!

I am so proud to have you as a Bump-friend :)  Your persistence and patience to bring your family together inspires me.  I am so happy for all of you!!
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Yippiee!!!! that is so awesome! Two weeks are going to go by so fast!!!
  • That's awesome! The next two weeks will fly by Smile

Mommy to DS#1 7/1/04 and DS#2 6/15/07
    M/C 2/16/10 at 9wks 5 days~ D&C 2/18/10
    BFP#4 5/17/11 C/P.    
    BFP#5 11/30/12 Surprise! DS#3 born 7/29/13

• WooHoo!!!!!!!!
  • Thank you, everyone!  Not just for your well-wishes, but for all your support through the last three years.  I seriously don't know what I would have done if it weren't for the members of this board, who understood what we were going through and supported me through some of the most difficult parts of my life.  I love that I get to share my happiness and successes with you, too!

Silliest, you flatter me!  I'm always admired your persistence!  Without watching your journey, I'm not sure I could have stayed the course on ours when things looked bleak.

• I have goosebumps!  Weeeeeeee! This is so exciting!

• Yay!  Super excited for your family :). I hope the rest of the process goes super smooth!!!!
    Our Blog - http://thedittemores.blogspot.com/
    Dx PCOS 2003/high fasting insulin/clotting issues DH Dx with low sperm count, motility and morphology. Varicocele repair (11/1/2010)
    2/2011 - Confirmed no improvement - On to Donor Sperm
    4 failed IUIs in 2010
    IUI#5 and 6- with DS, BFN
    Final IUI - Lucky #7! IUI with DS - 20.Jun.2011 - 21.5 mil motile! Not so lucky - BFFN and the end of our IF journey....
    Waiting for our family to be complete through Adoption - May 2012 - Hoping our baby finds us soon!
  • Yay!!! So exciting! Praying things go smoothly!
  • I am so excited for your family!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"