Long Island Babies

What is your opinion of Stony Brook L & D?

What is your opinion of Stony Brook L & D?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What is your opinion of Stony Brook L & D?

• I just delivered at stony brook last week!  I really have no complaints.  almost all of the nurses were fantastic.  Since Im suffering from baby brain, let me know if you have any specific  questions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cool, I am a first timer and also used to Nassau County Hospitals (I would prefer Winthrop) but I don't think I'll get there in time lol. I have had nothing but good experiences at their OB office so far, I was just hoping hospital would be good too.

Thanks for the help!! Congrats!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My sister delivered at Winthrop and I can honestly say the new wing at SB is so much nicer!  Can't compare the level of care, but all private recovery rooms and a brighter atmosphere.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm trying to decide between Stony Brook and St Catherine as those are the two hospitals my OB deliver. I have not gotten any bad feedback about either place but it was suggested that, if you have a high risk pregnancy to go with Stony Brook as their NICU is incredible.

Did you visit Stony Brook yet?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't delivered yet (LO is still seven days away from her EDD) but I did take the tour and let me say that the new L&D wing is beautiful. It's recently remodeled and I can honestly say that I've stayed at hotels that were not as nice as these rooms.

Plus, at Stonybrook you have your own private room AND bathroom/shower for BOTH labor/delivery and recovery. Which to me is priceless.

Additionally, they are very supportive when it comes to breastfeeding (if that's your plan) as well as offering rooming-in. 

Also, if you were to deliver at another local hospital but your baby needed intensive care, they would take him or her to Stonybrook b/c they have the best NCIU (Hopefully you'll never have to deal with that though!)

One of my best friend delivered all three of her children at Stonybrook and she was very happy with her experiences all three times. 

HTH and Good luck! 

• I am high risk, I thought SB would be the best choice also, but just needed some other opinions lol. I plan to visit the unit real soon. Thanks 4 the help.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hi, I'm interested in delivering in Stony Brook but am looking for a high risk OB recommendation. Does anyone have an MD they're recommend? My current doctor is overbooked and has no available appointments, so I'm looking for someone new.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"