1st Trimester

Before a + test did mild cramping tip you off?

Really curious to know! Thanks for your replies!

Re: Before a + test did mild cramping tip you off?

• My first symptom was sore boobies.  Even then, I took a test and got a negative but it was still super early.

A few days later, I got my positive and mild cramping began, (12 DPO.)  If not for this board, I would have totally freaked out.  The cramping has finally subsided, but I do get occasional pangs here and there.  Especially when I cough or sneeze!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah I was having period like cramps that would come and go. I knew they were different because usually when I am about to get my period it's cramps and period within an hour or two. 
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Pumpkin, around what dpo did your cramps start? With my second I started getting mild cramps about 5 dpo and by 9 & 10 dpo I had a positive test. That's how I knew something was up. I typically only get crampy when AF is around the corner.

• Yes, I started cramping really early with this one.  RIght around implantation I'm guessing. 

• imagepumpkin1805:
    Yeah I was having period like cramps that would come and go. I knew they were different because usually when I am about to get my period it's cramps and period within an hour or two. 

Same for me. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerebrey12:

Pumpkin, around what dpo did your cramps start? With my second I started getting mild cramps about 5 dpo and by 9 & 10 dpo I had a positive test. That's how I knew something was up. I typically only get crampy when AF is around the corner.

I had my first cramps around 10dpo and they have been intermittent since then. I feel so gassy and so bloated like I'm PMSing but those 2 lines say otherwise!!
    Anniversary
  • Absolutely.  Around 8 dpo I noticed some mild cramping at night with some prickling sensations around my ovaries.  That's what made me think I was pregnant.  I didn't have any other symptoms.
  • The entire week before my BFP, I had cramps and felt like AF was coming. At 10dpo, I got a BFN and figured the sore boobs and cramping were just AF symptoms. I randomly tested a few days later, and surprisingly saw the two lines.

I actually still have AF-like cramps on and off throughout the day. I see a lot of women saying the same thing, so that makes me feel better :) 

• Lizal, like mild cramping that was just enough to notice and make you think, hmmmmm I wonder...?

• With #1, yes.  I never ever cramp before AF so I knew something was up. The cramps only last a day or two.

With #2, yes but the cramping continued and I m/c.  With this pregnancy I had no cramping.

• Yes, I had cramping that was not like AF.

Daughter born at 34 weeks due to PPROM, July 2012

Expecting baby #2, May 8, 2015

May 2015 signature challenge for January: "You had ONE job!"

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• i was having sever cramping and i thought there was something wrong with me but when i googled it everything kept saying i'm probably pregnant.. so after a week of cramps (yes obviously i like to torture myself) i finally went to get a 3pk of HPT and got my BFP...
  • You know what?  I take back my post.  I DID have cramping before I knew.  I was in bed and woke up in the middle of the night with the craziest cramp I had ever felt in my belly.  I even walked around the house and stretched trying to get rid of it.  The next morning is when I took my test and got the faintest positive EVER.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cramping started about 4 or 5 days before AF was due. Usually I start cramping within hours of AF starting, so that gave me a heads up. I didn't test positive until 3 days after AF was due (but we're beginning to think the dates just weren't right. I don't chart).
  • Yep.  Tingy little cramps.  Sometimes I still feel like I'm going to start my period any day.....  The sore breasts didn't start for me until 6 weeks and I only have frequent urination at night (noticed @ 6-7 weeks).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • My first symptoms both times was my boobs grew too big for my bra and it was literally within a matter of days. I knew at that point I was pregnant. Then they got sore, then I started to feel a little fatigued. Took HPT, and bam pg :)
  • I am only 4 weeks and I am still having mild cramping, but it was one of the main reasons a did a test. I had cramps but no period which I thought was really odd. SoI tested and we found out we are having our first! 
    BabyFruit Ticker image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This is my third pregnancy (2nd child) and round ligament type pain and pulls are ALWAYS the first thing that tips me off!
    Mommy to: Easton Ryan was born January 9, 2008. 7 lbs., 13 oz and 20" long! Mommy to: A sweet angel who went to heaven. Missed Miscarriage. Diagnosed 7/18/2011, D&C 7/20/2011. Found out at 11 weeks pregnant, baby passed at 8 weeks.
  • Yep, i had cramping right around the time of implantation although i didn't know i was pregnant then.  I tested positive 13 dpo and had cramping on/off until about 5 and a half weeks.  Alot of backache too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagerebrey12:

Lizal, like mild cramping that was just enough to notice and make you think, hmmmmm I wonder...?

Yep, it was pretty subtle but felt similar to the sensations I had with my previous pregnancy so that's what tipped me off.

• I had very mild cramps...less than period cramps and when there was no blood after about 2 or 3 days of the cramps.. I had the thought I was pregnant. I tested about 5 days after I should have gotten my period and got a positive!!

• Yep, 8 dpo I had cramping. It didn't feel like period cramps; they were lower and just different. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"