June 2011 Moms
Options

Is Mother's Milk Tea safe?

In googling for info about the tea, I have come across a few sites (not that they look very reputable or authoritative) saying that some of the herbs could be harmful to babies once they pass into milk. What have you all heard about this? Has anyone actually discussed this with a health care professional or lactation consultant?  

On a related note: where do you buy fenugreek? Is there some brand that's better than others? Thanks!

Re: Is Mother's Milk Tea safe?

• Options
    my LC is actually the one who recommended it to me. I actually take Motherlove More Milk Plus instead, but it's mostly the same ingredients. 
    photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I use it and never once though the herbs would be dangerous to baby considering it's for breastfeeding.  Can you share the links?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've never read that, but I've had plenty if MM tea and it hasn't seemed to have any effect on Carter (unless you count excessive business). 

I've bought fenugreek at GNC and on Amazon, both at the same price.  

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options

I have heard it is safe aside from tummy issues for some. Not us though.

I also take Fenigreek too with no problem. About 5 pills a day. Both worked well when I was feeling softer than I had liked and DD was not eating as much due to an ear infection so I wanted to be cautious.

• Options
    I agree with pp regarding MMT. I take Nature's way fenugreek and have found it to work the best for me. 
  • Options
    My ob recommended the tea. I try to drink a cup a day. I got fenugreek and blessed thistle at Whole Foods, but I'm sure you could find it cheaper elsewhere. 
  • Options

I'm sorry, Ladies. I don't mean to give you one more thing to worry about. It's just that I feel it is important to be careful with herbal supplements because they are not regulated in the US and are rarely studied. Like I said, I am not finding anything that looks like a particularly reliable source saying that it's dangerous but here's one link that concerned me. I decided to look after a friend told me her lactation consultant advises against using herbal supplements and suggests just pumping a lot to increase supply (though I know a lot of us, myself included, would like a little extra help in addition to that).

https://www.wwc.md/viewArticle?ID=21262

• Options
    also, that link is really outdated and the ingredients may be totally different by now.
  • Options

Hi ladies,

I work for Traditional Medicinals?, the makers of Mother?s Milk? tea and wanted to hopefully put some of your worries at ease. The tea mentioned in the article linked to above is not Mother?s Milk? by Traditional Medicinals?, which is the most common and the only trademarked ?Mother?s Milk tea.?

Mother?s Milk? tea is based on a European herbal remedy that has been safely used by women for hundreds of years to support breast milk production and combines herbs like fennel, aniseed, coriander, fenugreek, and blessed thistle that are well known for their positive effects on healthy lactation. It has been a top-selling herbal tea in the U.S. since 1978. Approximately, 8.5 million individual cups of Mother?s Milk tea are drunk every year. As part of our quality control process, we record and investigate all adverse events reported by consumers in relation to any of our products. Since Mother?s Milk tea was introduced in 1978 we have never received a serious incident report from a consumer drinking Mother?s Milk tea.

I hope this answers some of your questions. If any of you would like more information, please don?t hesitate to reach out to us. www.traditionalmedicinals.com or on Facebook ? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Organic-Mothers-Milk-tea/53763939538

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"