Georgia Babies

Looking for daycare in Sandy springs

We are relatively new to the Sandy springs/Perimeter area and I hope you ladies can give me some suggestions on good and affordable daycare facilities in this area for my eighteen month old son. I am studying for board exams and I'd like to put him in 3 - 4 full days/ week, preferably within $600 - $800/month range. I dont mind paying a little extra if it is a Montessori/ educational environment. Ive been looking on google and there seem to be quite a few in the area, but some seem really shady....lol....

These are some of the contenders and if anyone has any thoughts on these schools, pls do share:

North Springs United Methodist church preschool (Is the price too good to be true or is it truly a good school?)

Primrose of Dunwoody (Has a waiting list, and only accepts full-time)

Chastain School

Legacy center Preschool

Thanks so much in advance, ladies...I really appreciate your input!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking for daycare in Sandy springs

• I can speak to Primrose, because we have friends who take their 2 kids there, and like you said only full time, but the monthly price is much higher than $600-800.  I believe the Chastain School will be as well, only because this same friend looked into this school for her daughter.

I think most 'traditional' daycares in this area are typically fulltime (M-F), due to the high demand. What you will also find is that the cost in this area is more like $1000+/month depending on the center.  We were in a total bind when our DS and looked at few that were less expensive and had availabilities and I wasn't a fan nor comfortable leaving him at some of the places. 

Maybe check with the some of the other church preschool programs - Dunwoody United Methodist, Dunwoody Baptist are 2 I can immediately think of, I believe they have a bit more flexibility in the # of days. 

Good luck!!

• Thanks Msquires10...I am going to look into the church schools you suggested....I have ruled out Chastain because they were way above our price range, even for 3 full days ($1400/month).  Hopefully I can narrow it down to a few choices before we start visiting the schools.

• Loading the player...
  • We're at Chastain and love it--you may want to try St Johns on Mount Paran, they are about 400-500/month cheaper than Chastain and we have friends with kids there that love it.  When I briefly looked at switching to there about 6 months ago (because of the significant price difference) they actually had a spot opening up 2 weeks later so I don't think their waiting list is terribly long.
  • Thanks Smynings_bride....I will look into St. johns....I did like the sound of Chastain's continuity of care program, but the price is too steep for us. 
  • Anyone have any experience with either the Legacy School or Cambridge International, and kinderCare at Concourse Parkway? I'd like to hear about any experiences before we tour the schools next week. TIA!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"