3rd Trimester

Just Don't feel right

I am probably panicking over nothing, cuz I like to do that. But I just don't feel right. I have a terrible headache, I feel like my face looks puffy and my rings are tighter. And now, I'm kinda feeling anxious like a panic attack or something. Of course, my mind goes to "what if I have preeclampsia"? but I'm sure it's just that I'm 35 weeks pregnant and getting my face just looks fuller and my hands swelling is normal. The headache could be sinus. What do you ladies think, am I just being crazy? I have an appt tomorrow and I will ask about it. You know how it is, once you get something in your mind, that's all you can think about. 

Re: Just Don't feel right

• You should bring up any swelling to your doctor. I would make sure to take it easy on the sodium and really up your fluids until your appointment tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Plus, I've heard that a lot of women with PE don't even FEEL different...

T&Ps!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe jump on a scale to see if you've actually gained any water weight? Of course a little fluctuation is totally normal, but if all of the sudden you're significantly heavier, maybe that means you should follow up. I'll bet you're fine, though!!

• I would try to put your feet up and relax and just wait for your appt tomorrow unless things get worse. If your BPs have been normal at all your other appts then it is pretty unlikely that you have preeclampsia.
  • Hydrate, and take some Tylenol for your headache. They are watching me closely for pre-e b/c of random protein in my urine and the OB told me if Tylenol makes it better, it's nothing to stress over.

Chill on sodium and if you are close to a drug store/grocery, go take your BP. Someone mentioned if it has been fine all pregnancy you shouldn't worry, but that is not necessarily true. BP can spike overnight with no warning.

If you start to see spots or your vision goes nuts, call and don't wait until tomorrow. 

• I didn't  really feel anything my first pregnancy when I got diagnosed with toxemia, you can just see a very big change in swelling with the feet, ankles and face and you get kind of a bloated feeling. It's no fun. Good luck with the appt tomorrow!
  • imageLilyPotter218:

Hydrate, and take some Tylenol for your headache. They are watching me closely for pre-e b/c of random protein in my urine and the OB told me if Tylenol makes it better, it's nothing to stress over.

Chill on sodium and if you are close to a drug store/grocery, go take your BP. Someone mentioned if it has been fine all pregnancy you shouldn't worry, but that is not necessarily true. BP can spike overnight with no warning.

If you start to see spots or your vision goes nuts, call and don't wait until tomorrow. 

I stand corrected. It is true that preeclampsia can suddenly appear. Learn something new everyday.

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pregnancy/PR00125/NSECTIONGROUP=2

• If this doesn't ease up others worse just go in to get checked. I don't want to scare you but those were exactly my symptoms at 35 weeks and I had pre-e and was induced within 24 hrs I gt very sick very quickly. It never hurts ringer checked. Perhaps at the very least go to a pharmacy and check your BP? I would go in if it were me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"