North Carolina Babies
Options

Holy COW

And by cow I mean me. UGH. I had my 20 week ultrasound yesterday--still a girl thank God! :)

But....my last apt. was close to 5 weeks ago and my Dr. scolded me for gaining 9 lbs since my last visit. I was SO pissed how she talked to me about it.

FIRST of all, last time I went in it was the morning, and I had not eaten yet. Second, I was wearing small, and very light summer clothes.

Since then, my boobs have exploded into ginormous boulders. Not to mention, I was wearing layers yesterday because it was freaking cold, (let me add I was wearing a sweater). PLUS, I had JUST eaten lunch and had to pee. That's at least 3 lbs, if not more considering the time of day, food, clothes, etc. So, in reality, I probably only gained 6 lbs or so.

I am not overweight, no was I when I got PG. I was wearing my regular pants yesterday so what gives? Her tone pissed me off big time.

Next time I go in, I'm going in the morning and getting on that damn scale buck naked.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Holy COW

• Options

Oh no! :-( That sucks!!! I can't believe she treated you that way. I gained like crazy 2nd tri, and they've yet to say a word to me. (Although, I'd hope they would if they were truly concerned.) But I don't see your situation as cause for real concern, personally!

I'm self conscious enough getting on that scale each time. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I expected to get reprimanded! I'd definitely have a chat with her, or even consider changing doctors. But maybe I'm overly sensitive about that. hehe. :-)

*hugs*

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    Yeah, not cool.  I gained over 50 lbs and they never said anything...I can't remeber the most I gained but that doesn't sound like that much to me anyway considering it had been over a month since you went!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tell her to bite your sweet pregnant a$$. Seriously, I hate when I see that OB's are giving a woman crap about how much weight they gain. Everyone gains differently during pregnancy, so as long as everything is ok with the baby, they just need to keep their mouths shut about weight!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am still down 17lbs but everytime I go they make a big deal of it and tell me the weight will start adding up soon enough. I don't want to gain weight since I am overweight, so you would think they would be happy with me. You can never win either way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

What Dr. did you see?

Don't worry, I felt like I was getting yelled out for NOT gaining weight until 20 weeks  ... but it was that they were more concerned than anything. 

Now I gain a LOT. One time I gained like 7 lbs in 3 weeks ... I was SURE they'd say something but they didn't. 

• Options
    How rude!  I think I'd freak if my doctor spoke to me in that kind of tone about my weight.  I've gained a decent amount but thankfully the only comment I've gotten is "your weight is normal."
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had to see a different dr for one appt and she did the same thing to me. She told me to cut out all sweets and to stop drinking juice. She thought I should take a vitamin c pill instead of drinking orange juice. I left the office in tears. DH was so pissed. I talked to my regular dr and she said I was fine. (I was in good shape before pg and lost all of the 40lbs I gained in 4 months)

Don't worry about what they say. You know your body better than anyone. I hate when they say stupid stuff like that because it causes pg women to stress about what they eat. You are fine! Tell them to shove it! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had a Dr. say that to me for gaining 6 pounds in three weeks in the 2nd trimester and it annoyed me to no end since I was only up like 8 total at that point. ?I just happened to finally get my appetite back and put it back on faster that she liked. ?I just kind of ignored it and knew that I was fine and doing the best I could.
  • Options

Hopefully you will not see that doctor again. Sometimes docs need to learn a little tac when dealing with pregnant women and their weight. My doc had a chat with me at one point even though I was on track before that particular visit. Ughhh! Just remember you know your body best.

• Options

I gained A LOT of weight.  So much I don't even like to talk about it.  I got scolded a lot by the drs too.  But so much of mine was fluid - there was no way I could have gained 9 pounds of fat in one week.  I would even show them my feet and tell them it had to be water weight.  Anyway, I got to the point where I would just tell them when they walked in the door not to discuss my weight.  They were making me dread every appointment.  DD is almost 3 months old and I still have about 20 pounds to lose, but I'll get it off. 

Don't let her upset you.  You're pg and supposed to gain weight.  They get so stuck on what they consider normal, they forget some people don't fit that mold.  We're all different.

Baby J is here! Born on her mama's birthday.

11 pounds, 7 ounces and 23" long at birth!

My Bio

• Options

Mere, I saw Dr. Carter. She was the first Dr. I saw there for my first apt. and loved her. Let me also say that after our ultasound, I waited over an HOUR to be seen, and the first thing that was said to me was "NINE POUNDS?? You gained NINE pounds?!". Yeah, after waiting forever to be seen that was the first thing that was said to me. I was pissed. I was told to stop drinking chocolate milk period. I hate milk so when I do drink it, which is not that often, I have to drink the chocolate stuff. I figured I needed the calcium since I am not into yogurt right now.

Here's the thing..I explained my milk and yogurt issue with the dr. the first visit and I asked if I should be taking a calcium supplement. They said no. Well, yesterday I was looked at crazy because I was NOT taking one. Let me just say, NEVER EVER make a pregnant lady feel like a fatasss. EVER.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Lala, that is just insane.  I hate doctors sometimes.  I hate your doctor FOR you.  Ugh.

I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy and nobody said anything to me about it.  Thank goodness.  And let me say that I'm sitting here 6 months PP below my pre-pregnancy weight and still losing.  So there!  :P

• Options

I don't like straight milk either, so when I do drink it it has to be chocolate milk - or it's just in my cereal.

I will be honest .... I thought she was really nice, but NOT my favorite Dr. by any means. Whenever I had all that stuff going on last week the first thing she said to me was, "Well, your baby MIGHT have a CHANCE at survival if born now ..." Which really shook me up. Then all the questions I asked her - her answers were not even clear. So I called Dr. Flanagan and talked to her for 10 minutes and felt SO MUCH BETTER. 

So yes, Dr. Carter is nice, but I think not my favorite. :)

• Options
    That stinks & I'm really sorry she said that to you. My best advice - try to ignore them. There were months that I gained 10 lbs and others where I didn't gain or even lost (in my 2nd tri due to the flu). I will say that I gained close to 50 lbs and it's almost all gone & I'm back in my old clothes (J just turned 3 months). Enjoy this time & try not to let the weight gain stress you out.
  • Options

Some doctors just have no bedside manner. I hate that she made you feel bad. Pregnant women are not fair game to rude comments and doctors should understand that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"