Infertility Veterans

Question about peeing on sticks and 3dt, 5dt, 6dt

I am not going to pee on a stick yet but I was thinking...with the twins, I tested out my trigger and got my first real + at 5dp5dt (so 10dpo basically).

However, if you do a 3dt and wait 7 days to test doesn't that give it more time for the hcg to build up in the system?

I guess my question is would 7dp3dt, 5dp5dt, 4dp6dt (all techinically 10dpo) all have the same chances of producing a + test? Or would the 4dp6dt have less of a chance because it has only has 4 days to implant and produce hcg?

(I really hope that makes sense.)

TTC since 07/2009
Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
SAIF/PAIF Welcome
Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.

Re: Question about peeing on sticks and 3dt, 5dt, 6dt

• i think they would all have the same chance of producing a + pee stick.

implantation in general takes place 7-10dpo so the 3d embie would be inside longer but wouldn't start hatching out and be ready for implantation until the same time as a 5d or 6d expanded blast.  

does this make sense?  

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • You would have the same chances either way. 

this is what happens in a 3dt :
    1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
    2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
    3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
    4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
    5dpt.. Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
    6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
    7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
    8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
    9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

5 day transfer:
    - 1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
    0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
    1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
    2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
    3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
    4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
    5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
    6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
    7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

GL!!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah worms that was what I was thinking but since my embryo started hatching before they put it in, I was just wondering if it takes longer for it to build up in my blood.

I guess the moral of the story is just to be patient and wait it out.  :-)  I wish patience was easier for me to come by.  However, this time, my pee sticks look terrifying instead of tempting.  I just don't want to wait for my beta which is on the babies birthday for bad news plus I think it is ridic how long my RE makes you wait.

TTC since 07/2009
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • I would think that all 3 have the same chance but 10dpo is still early.  I got the faintest pos with the twins at 5dp5dt and got a pos with this LO at 7dp5dt. 

I hope you see 2 lines soon!

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageL&R70707:

You would have the same chances either way. 

this is what happens in a 3dt :
    1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
    2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
    3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
    4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
    5dpt.. Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
    6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
    7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
    8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
    9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

5 day transfer:
    - 1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
    0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
    1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
    2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
    3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
    4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
    5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
    6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
    7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
    9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

GL!!

Thanks L!  I love seeing you come visit my posts.  This is really helpful, I know I won't be able to wait until 9dp6dt though...sigh

Hope you and LO are doing well!  Are you thinking of #2??

TTC since 07/2009

SAIF/PAIF Welcome
  • imagemdluv21:
    Thanks L!  I love seeing you come visit my posts.  This is really helpful, I know I won't be able to wait until 9dp6dt though...sigh

DH was ready 3 months ago (to try on our own that is).  We have 7 frosties and I am not sure if I want to really TTC on our own first or not, but I figure maybe we'll try after I wean C and go for FET in the early fall or winter/spring.  We haven't been preventing, but I have no cycle yet either.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imageL&R70707:
    imagemdluv21:

DH was ready 3 months ago (to try on our own that is).  We have 7 frosties and I am not sure if I want to really TTC on our own first or not, but I figure maybe we'll try after I wean C and go for FET in the early fall or winter/spring.  We haven't been preventing, but I have no cycle yet either.

Very exciting - I didn't realize you had so many frosties!  :-)  I hope you and DH come up with a time frame that works for both of you. 

TTC since 07/2009

SAIF/PAIF Welcome
  • i would think they're all the same....

i tested at 9dp5dt both times and felt confident as it was 14 days past O.

wishing you the best of luck! 

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• They would all be the same though it seems like they should be different. The embryo is doing the same thing at the same time in all scenarios the only difference is that its either in your body or in a petri dish.

I can never wait that long either. Though with the boys I got a neg HPT at 5dp5dt and then 2 days later an emergency beta due to OHSS was 85. So who knows?

TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • I have nothing important to add to this convo other than I can't wait for you to POAS! I will be stalking you anxiously waiting for your news :-).
    TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"