Cincinnati Babies

Meet the doulas?

Ladies I heard Blue Cocoon in Montgomery is having a meet the doulas talk this weekend at 4pm on Saturday. I am considering getting a doula and wanted to find more information about it. This is a free information meeting and i am excited to attend. I just want to make sure that I pick the right doula and get more information about what they do. Did any of you use a doula?

Thanks

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Meet the doulas?

• I had a doula for both of my deliveries and I would ABSOLUTELY recommend having one! My sister was actually my doula as she is DONA certified-- she was amazing and I really cant imagine doing it without her (I went med-free). I highly highly recommend having one and I dont think I've ever met someone who had one who didnt think it was worth every penny. HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had a doula and she was worth every penny.  Definitely meet them!  Pick someone that meshes well with your personality.  Think about what you are like when you are cranky and in pain, and who you'll want to be around.  Make sure to ask what happens if you have a c-section, do they stick around to help you afterwards for BFing or not (mine split on me and never heard from her till I called her 4 days later even though she had said she would stay )  Angry    I would never had made it through my labor though without my doula, highly highly recommend one....just not mine.  Stick out tongue  Some will also help you at home afterwards, which is a great option as well to ask about.
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't have one, but my mom is a certified doula. If I was going for a natural birth, I definitely would have wanted one. I just didn't see the point when I knew I wanted the drugs.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Yes! So worth it! Definitely ask how they handle it if you are being induced as well :)
    Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • I'm using a doula for my upcoming delivery. I am so happy to have her with us... she immediately put me at ease when I met her and syncs great with my personality and my husband's too. Her name is Sarah Kestel... she's the only NKY-based doula that I've come across in this area.

Before picking her, I did interview a couple other doulas. Good luck at the event - that's a great idea to attend so you can kind of interview tons of doulas at once. I hope you find the perfect one for you!

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"