September 2012 Moms

No stove/oven until the 15th!!!

Our stove went out on Thursday and was hoping some of you ladies maybe had some good crock pot ideas or ideas that can be cooked on a griddle.  A week and a half without a working stove is going to be a long time!!!  TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No stove/oven until the 15th!!!

• Breakfast dinner!  Pancakes and eggs!
    Baby #2 on the way! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is for sure something we will be having (one of my favorites)
  • Loading the player...
  • You could make soups in a crock pot. If you have a griddle that plugs in that would help to be able to good more things. There are microwaveable lasagnas. 

imageimage
    imageimageimage
  • Paninis! If you have a toaster oven you can make your own pizzas with pita bread :)
  • Salsa chicken in the crockpot -

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=400947

You can serve it over rice one night, use it for tacos the next, enchiladas, etc.  I usually add some corn and a can of black beans to mine.  This is one of my DH's favorites!

• imageDeerHunter79:
    Our stove went out on Thursday and was hoping some of you ladies maybe had some good crock pot ideas or ideas that can be cooked on a griddle.  A week and a half without a working stove is going to be a long time!!!  TIA

This woman used her crock-pot everyday for a year:

https://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Hope it helps!!

Photobucket
  • imageAndreaMarc:

imageDeerHunter79:

This woman used her crock-pot everyday for a year:

https://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Hope it helps!!

Thanks everyone!  Its funny how much you miss using a stove when its not an option. 

• I love making bbq in the crock pot. You just need a pork shoulder and a bottle of bbq sauce. Cook on low (I cook mine for 8-10hrs because it makes the meat more tender) and voila...dinner is done!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My stove went out last.... October??? We are saving for a high end stove cause cooking is my thing. I have learned to cook via the grill and stove top for pretty much everything. I do tacos, enchiladas, lasagna, and even pizza on the grill!

You can do this! 

• imageroxyttandme:

My stove went out last.... October??? We are saving for a high end stove cause cooking is my thing. I have learned to cook via the grill and stove top for pretty much everything. I do tacos, enchiladas, lasagna, and even pizza on the grill!

You can do this! 

OMG! You're crazy!!  I don't think I'd be able to survive.  How much longer do you have to go?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"