1st Trimester

Calling all tall women - when did you start showing?

Hi ladies!

First-time poster here - I'm currently 5 weeks, 4 days into the pregnancy :)

I'm 5'10 and have some serious daddy-long-legs and was just wondering if anyone of similar height can chime in as to when they started showing...?  I'm definitely sporting the bloat, but no bump yet - and always been curious if the height plays into it at all?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Calling all tall women - when did you start showing?

• With DD #1 I didn't start showing until 22 weeks.  There was a small bump before that but I just looked bloated.  I am 6 feet tall with a long torso.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I am 5'10". I didn't really start showing until around 20ish weeks last time..

• Loading the player...
  • I am 5'7'' with a long torso.  Last time I didn't "pop" until  24 weeks although I thought I was showing a little bit after 20 weeks.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 5'8, rather thin (size 8) and started showing around 14w with DS, 9w with DD, and umm 5 weeks with this baby, ha!

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• I am 5'10" as well and I have a slender build. With my first pregnancy, I started showing (people started noticing) around 14 weeks. This time around...I swear you can tell already. I realize that the baby isn't what's taking up most of the space in there, but I already have a rounded belly that does not flatten out! It's crazy...

I don't think the height plays into showing as much as how thin you are... just my opinion.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm 6'1" and w/ my first I started showing around 18 weeks (i think).  With this baby, I started showing around 10 weeks. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm tallish (5'7") and thin (112lbs)--with DD I popped at 13w.  This time around I'm "showing" at 7w.  It's a combo of the bloat and the lack of abdominal exercises I did postpartum.
  • I'm 5'9 size 4 or 6. With DS, I could wear regular clothes until I was about 27 weeks. You could tell I had a little belly between 16-20 weeks if I was wearing a tight shirt.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I'm 5'11 longer legs (not short torso, but not long either) started really showing around ~18-20 wks.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemrs.jenni:
    I'm 5'8, rather thin (size 8) and started showing around 14w with DS, 9w with DD, and umm 5 weeks with this baby, ha!

This blows my mind, Jenni. I am 5'7 with a short torso and I started showing at 15 weeks with DS. I am curious when it will start this time. My SIL is 5'6 with a long torso and wide hips (very thin) and she didn't start showing until about 22 weeks.

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• I'm 5'9" and a size 6. I didn't "pop" until close to 22-23 weeks. Until then I just mostly looked like I was getting fat. This time around it's looking to be the same, still no belly, bloat or baby.
  • I am 5'7" so not very tall, but normal build. I didn't show until about 22 weeks, it popped around 26 weeks.
  • I didn't show until around 25 weeks.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 5'10 and showed at 13 weeks.  My mum showed early with me too (1st born).  Family thing, it seems.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary

• I'm 6'2" with a long torso and am broad.  I started wearing maternity pants at 28w.  I tried wearing maternity clothes at 24w, but I just looked fat and the pants fell off.  My regular pants still fit at 28w, but the waistband was getting uncomfortable when I'd sit.  I just skipped the rubber band trick and moved on to maternity pants. I could still suck in my belly until about 32w.  I didn't actually look truly pregnant until 9m and when I went to the hospital at 39w, I looked like most women look at about 6-7 months pregnant.  I actually didn't have any issue bending over until the last couple of weeks.  One of my GFs is 6' and she started wearing maternity clothes at 6m with all three of her kids.

FWIW, my peri told me that women that play a lot of sports growing up (and thus have a strong core), rarely show as much as those that don't.  However, all bets are off for the second kid.   He also said that your current shape is irrelevant - it's the shape you were in when those muscles were fully forming that matters.

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"