TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

I registered for the Chicago Marathon

I'm still slightly shocked. My therapist is OOT so I'm pretty sure I will have more insight about WHY i did this next week. I was TTA until after our ski trip next week but I just on a whim signed up for this event...in OCTOBER. Running is the one exercise I was told not to do while TTC or Pg. I just self sabatoged myself. I'm 39 and will be 40 in October by the time this training is over.

I was going to try IUI next.

?

I'm not exactly happy or sad just a little confused, shocked, relieved, angry and excited rolled into one big insanity burrito.

My heart is as open as the sky.
Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I registered for the Chicago Marathon

• I think it's great you registered for the marathon.  I don't know much about the rules and regulations..but you could always bow out if you needed to...right?  Getting ready for it would also keep your mind occupied. Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just realized you wrote..Doctor said no running while TTC.. Hmm ?  Did he/she say why?  Does it have to do with your cycle because of the intensity of the run?

I wish you luck in whatever decision you make.. ((HUGS))

• Loading the player...
  • I also think it's great!  I just started the whole couch to 5k thing because I need to get my butt up and out and release some stress.  Why were you told not to run? 

• Don't feel like you sabotaged yourself- you chose to do something exciting!  Minds and circumstances could always change.  Big ::HUGS::

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Thanks for the pep talk. I did speak to my therapist and she thinks I need a healthy distraction. Also thinks I might be giving myself an out ie an excuse as to why I haven't conceived again. Removing the source of the disappointment! anyway, I plan to train and TTC!

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image1220winterbride:
    Thanks for the pep talk. I did speak to my therapist and she thinks I need a healthy distraction. Also thinks I might be giving myself an out ie an excuse as to why I haven't conceived again. Removing the source of the disappointment! anyway, I plan to train and TTC!

::looking for the "like" button::

Good for you winterbride!

• (((HUGS))).  I get what you're feeling.  I used to run a lot but put it on hold while TTC.  I recently started again, because I felt like I was tired of putting things I wanted to do on pause in the hopes that I would be K/U.  Have you ever done a marathon before?  I did one 5 years ago, and it was an awesome feeling to finish!
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • imageCarolee:
    (((HUGS))).  I get what you're feeling.  I used to run a lot but put it on hold while TTC.  I recently started again, because I felt like I was tired of putting things I wanted to do on pause in the hopes that I would be K/U.  Have you ever done a marathon before?  I did one 5 years ago, and it was an awesome feeling to finish!

This exactly.  We can't put our lives on hold indefinitely for this crazy ttcal ride.  I'm so tired of holding in this waiting pattern.  Kudos to you for jumping into something you'd love!!  GL!

PGAL/PAL welcome

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • imagebuckeyebaby814:
    Don't feel like you sabotaged yourself- you chose to do something exciting!  Minds and circumstances could always change.  Big ::HUGS::
    this exactly.. ((hugs))
  • Thanks again, people. This will be my first 26.2!

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelavril:

imageCarolee:
    (((HUGS))).  I get what you're feeling.  I used to run a lot but put it on hold while TTC.  I recently started again, because I felt like I was tired of putting things I wanted to do on pause in the hopes that I would be K/U.  Have you ever done a marathon before?  I did one 5 years ago, and it was an awesome feeling to finish!

This exactly.  We can't put our lives on hold indefinitely for this crazy ttcal ride.  I'm so tired of holding in this waiting pattern.  Kudos to you for jumping into something you'd love!!  GL!

I agree with this as well.  I think it is good for our mental health to keep living life while TTC.

• It's great that you registered!  If I may psycho-analyze...  maybe you did it to take the pressure off of TTC??  Just my thought.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
  • imagewickedsugar:
    imageRizzaTs:
    imagelavril:

imageCarolee:

I agree with this as well.  I think it is good for our mental health to keep living life while TTC.

I whole heartly agree ! Come run one of the Toronto marathons, I will cheer you on !

This is so true for us all! I wish you the best of luck in whatever happens! Chicago is only about 45 minutes away from me, maybe while you're in town we can have a bumpie meeting for all the ladies near by.  

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image1220winterbride:
    Thanks for the pep talk. I did speak to my therapist and she thinks I need a healthy distraction. Also thinks I might be giving myself an out ie an excuse as to why I haven't conceived again. Removing the source of the disappointment! anyway, I plan to train and TTC!

Sounds like a good plan!  GL with both! 

Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • imageamidkiff:
    imagewickedsugar:
    imageRizzaTs:
    imagelavril:

imageCarolee:

I whole heartly agree ! Come run one of the Toronto marathons, I will cheer you on !

This is so true for us all! I wish you the best of luck in whatever happens! Chicago is only about 45 minutes away from me, maybe while you're in town we can have a bumpie meeting for all the ladies near by.  

That would be awesome!  I'm not as close to Chicago as you are, but I have a good friend there that I visit a lot. 

PGAL/PAL welcome

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • I am so excited for you!!  I'm hoping it takes your mind off TTC :-)  I was supposed to be running my first half this month, but quit training for it on my OB's recommendation.  Now that TTC is on hold for me I've been seriously considering taking it up again.  Good for you!  It's incredibly hard to put your life on hold.
  • YES to a Bumpie Meeting!

and after speaking to you guys I def feel better about my decision. My therapist got me to examine my motivation and I'm sure I still want to be a parent but I def want to let go of some of the disappointment around not getting Pg or staying pg. IF i get KTFU I will have to decide if I still want to complete the race or continue training, etc.

either way it is a healthy and welcome distraction!

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"