Adoption Newb Intro — The Bump
Adoption

Adoption Newb Intro

Hey, everybody! My DH and I are taking our first steps toward adopting a little girl from China. We have a biological son, but I come from a family where my stepfather (and the only father I've ever known) adopted my older brother and me. Even though he and my mom had children of their own, my dad has always loved us unconditionally. He even forgets sometimes that we're not "biologically" related and says things like "Gideon (our DS) gets that from my side of the family." My DH's stepfather also adopted him as a child, but he wasn't going to be getting any "dad of the year" awards. My DH and I talked about adopting and being able to adopt from the very beginning. Now that Gideon is older, and I know from friends who have adopted from China how long the waiting list can be, we're ready to start the ball rolling. Only, I don't know where to begin! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially when it comes to agency referrals.

Thanks a bunch! 

imageimage 
TTC #2: My chart

Re: Adoption Newb Intro

• No advice... just saying welcome to our corner of the web world :)
    image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • Hi, and welcome!

If you haven't already, check out the FAQs at the top of this page.

I don't know much at all about the China program, but I've heard that it is much quicker if you are open to a child with special needs.  Speaking from experience (both my boys were considered "special needs"), special needs is defined differently by every program and country, but it's not always as scary as it sounds.  It might be something you want to look into, if you haven't already.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards