New Jersey Babies
Options

How did your boss take to you announcing your pregnancy?

I want to see how other working moms delivered the news and what response they have gotten.

Re: How did your boss take to you announcing your pregnancy?

• Options
    She was thrilled!
  • Options
    I wasn't planning on announcing for quite some time but then at an after work meeting get together last week, my boss pulled me aside to tell me in 3 weeks, after 5 years, he will no longer be my boss.  Region is realigning and he's losing 2 locations.  I started laughing and said guess you'll be happy to know you won't have to deal w/ me being pg during (busy time of year).  It was going to be the 3rd time in 4 years I would skip out on him during the busiest time of the year.  He started laughing too.  So I knew he would be ultimately happy but now he was SUPER happy he doesn't have the pg manager AGAIN!
    BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was worried about telling my boss, mostly because he is a gay man and has ABSOLUTELY no frame of reference for "female issues"....not that this is a bad thing or anything, just that I was worried the conversation would be awkward or weird.  Plus, my predecessor never returned to work after HER maternity leave, so I was worried he's immediately assume I was going to bail as well.  I worried and strategized and planned for the right place, time, etc.....but at the end of the day, he simply congratulated me and referred me to HR to set up my Maternity Leave paperwork.   It was pleasant, yet routine.    I think that I built it up in my mind (not suggesting you are, this was just my deal) and spent a lot of time worrying unnecessarily.   I made it worse in my head.   Also, I made sure I mentioned that I planned on returning post maternity leave.  I know that's not something I had to do, but I felt like in my situation, it was important to me to say that because I value my job and am committed to returning, so I wanted to make sure I communicated that commitment to my boss. Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"