June 2012 Moms

Am I wrong for feeling weird...

about going to a bar tonight? We are going out with DH and some of his friends and mine.  Obviously there will be no drinking and in NY all the bars are smoke-free, but to me it just feels funny to be obviously pregnant and hanging out in a bar! Anyone else feel the same? (We don't do things like this often, its a once in awhile night out!)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I wrong for feeling weird...

• I'd feel weird too, especially since I'm showing lol

BUT you aren't doing anything wrong. It's smoke free and you aren't drinking. Enjoy the social and just have fun. Sometimes being the sober one is the most fun.

• Thanks! All I keep thinking of is the scene in the movie Knocked Up when Katherine Heigel's character and her sister try to go to the club when she is obviously pregnant and the bouncer doesn't let them in and says to her, "Why are you here, you are pregnant?" (or something along those lines! LOL)
  • Loading the player...
  • When I was 6 months pregnant with DS I went to a bar for one of my best friend's bachelorette party. It was a bit akward and I got a lot of strange looks but I had a really good time! Have fun!
  • I went to a bar when pg with ds I was big and you could tell I was pregnant. The reason was dh friends birthday. It was a smoke free bar in chicago and so girl had the nerve to say I was a bad mom for being there. Really I'm not drinking or smoking I was just sitting there. It made me very upset and wanted to leave DH's friend told her stop being a stupid drunk slut. I later found out she was trying to get with DH and all of his friends. Sorry my story wasn't a good one. I feel like a Debbie downer and the sad part is my name is Debbie lol Just go out and enjoy yourself!
  • imageperfectpair1275:
    Thanks! All I keep thinking of is the scene in the movie Knocked Up when Katherine Heigel's character and her sister try to go to the club when she is obviously pregnant and the bouncer doesn't let them in and says to her, "Why are you here, you are pregnant?" (or something along those lines! LOL)

I think if you went out clubbing THAT would be weird.  I don't mind going to bars pregnant if it's a sit down and chill kinda bar. I definitely wouldn't be going to a crowded bar where you would have to stand all night.  Go Giants!

image image image image image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"