August 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone tried Activia for constipation?

DH suggested trying Activia for my constipation. I hadn't thought of it before, but it's purpose is to regulate you right? Would this help with the issue of constipation? I think I'm going to give it a try - anything is worth a try right? :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Anyone tried Activia for constipation?

• Options
    might as well! Even if it doesn't work it still tastes good anyhow! :-) And yes I'm thinking if it's supposed to help you regulate it should help with constipation. :-) Good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    if you are actually constipated (like haven't gone in >4 days), you really have to get the stool out first because it's blocking the way of the new stool and will actually just make the situation worse.  Try prune juice as it is a natural laxative and will make you go, then go for the regulators, stool softeners, fiber, etc.  If it's just becoming harder to go than before rather than being plugged up, go for the Activia!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fibre 1 cereal got me through my first pregnancy.
  • Options
    I love Activia. I haven't had constipation, but I would definitley give it a try! I loooove the vanilla flavor. Yummy!
  • Options
    I eat Activia, but not regularly enough to know if it helps with constipation. One thing that has helped me, though, is drinking a glass of apple juice every day. It's yummy & it keeps me decently regular. Good luck!
  • Options

imageSBmomma:
    I love Activia. I haven't had constipation, but I would definitley give it a try! I loooove the vanilla flavor. Yummy!

Me too good stuff!! I like the vanilla with cereal.

~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Options
    Yep, it helps! I don't like the taste so I make smoothies with berries, bananas, orange juice etc... delicious =)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Activia helps and so does Fiber One cereal or bars. The bars make you really gasy though it takes a while for your body to adjust.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

The only problem with it is to get the promised effects, you have to eat three of them a day.

DH suggested the same to me when I started to have problems so I bought some, and like PP said, it does taste really good, and the calcium is great for the baby, but I wouldn't count on it combating anything severe.

Milk of Mag is what I have had to resort to twice.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"