Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

if you have naturally curly hair?

How often do you straighten your hair?

What products do you use? (for when you leave curly and for when you straighten)

Re: if you have naturally curly hair?

• Options

1. somewhere between rarely and never.

2. An awesome conditioner (can be a few different brands), and just a bit of gel. Sometimes some of the suave smoothing cream. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I don't leave mine curly very often cause I hate the way it looks, so what I do to get it straight is:

-Wash with Panteen Breakage to Strength Shampoo and Conditioner (seriously reduces frizz).

-Run Moroccan Oil through it while still damp.

- Blowdry with round brush then flat iron the shiit out of it.

I've tried to get a cut that works with my hair but so far I haven't been successful. A hairdresser once told me I had typical French Canadian hair (really curly underneath near the neck, and frizzy/flat at the crown). She said the only way to fix this if I wanted a curly look was to get some top sections permed and I'm too chicken to do something so permanent.

But with LO2 on the way, I kind of want something more low-maintenance so I've been considering it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never do. It's a PITA, and I am unskilled.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• Options

Very, very rarely wear it straight BUT I just got it cut recently and I don't like the way it looks curly any more (she effed up the layers) so I've been straightening it more. I use Paul Mitchell Straight Works when it's damp and then after blowdrying and/or using a straightening iron (which I don't have so I only do that if I borrow one) I usually put a super tiny amt of this anti-frizz shine serum (can't remember what it's called) by Garnier.

Curly products vary based on the length of my hair but I use a fair amount of Tresemme. I've used a lot of the higher end stuff and haven't noticed a big difference./ 

• Options

I rarely straighten my hair anymore. It's just too much work and I don't really go anywhere that I feel the need to straighten it. Tongue Tied

When I wear my hair curly, I use the Aveda line of Be Curly products. Most days I always put at least the Be Curly Curl Enhancer in my hair. If it is a high humidity climate, I use the enhancer in combo with their liquid gel. 

When I wear it straight, I use almost any type of straightening product since it doesn't seem to matter as much what I use to keep my hair curly. But I still use the Aveda smoothing fluid to help with shine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yesterday was the first day I straightened my hair since LO was born. I don't use any straightening product-just a round brush and blow dryer, followed by either a curling iron or straightening iron. I use the cheap Suave mousse for my curls. It's the only thing that works for me, and I've tried it all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I straighten it pretty frequently.  Mostly because then I don't have to wash it everyday and can still go to work w/out looking like bozo the clown (although I do usually ahve to hit it w/ the hairdryer and round brush on the second day and maybe the flat iron).  When I straighten it I use Frederic Fekkai Ironless Straightening Balm.  It's miraculous. 
  • Options
    imagechapski:

How often do you straighten your hair? Lately, rarely since I barely have time to shower.  Pre-L, I probably straightened it about half the time.

What products do you use? (for when you leave curly and for when you straighten)

For everyday curls, I use Short Sexy Hair's "Rough and Ready" product because I love the name (and it works).  Or any old hair gel with a medium hold works.

For straight, I use a babyliss straightener, and then after I use the rough and ready to hold it in the style I want.

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I usually only wash my hair 3 or 4 times a week. I love Its a 10 products. Their leave in conditioner is amazing. I sometimes blow dry it after I wash it and then I will straighten it a bit in the morning. Other than that I can just put it in a pony tail bun overnight and I get wavy hair for a couple days. 
  • Options

I rarely ever straighten.

Aveda confixor when I keep it curly.  I hated my curl for years until I found this product.  LOVE IT!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I only straighten mine a couple of times/year.  I have pretty coarse curly hair and after much trial and error here is my system.  Wash with shampoo once or twice a week ( what ever is on sale).  Rinse and condition every second day.  Use morrocan oil followed by Catwalk Curls Rock Creme.  If necessary I spritz in a detangler or leave-in conditioner to freshen it up on day 2 ( whatever is on sale).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"