June 2011 Moms

Which greens for making your own baby food?

Hey ladies!  If you're making LO their own food, which greens are giving them?  I went to Whole Foods the other day, and apparently I went there longer ago than I thought. I went to make the zuccini and butternut squash and they were both moldy :(   Any tips on how to make them and which ones your LO likes?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Which greens for making your own baby food?

• I've made peas, green beans, zucc, and squash (butternut and summer). I steamed all of them and put them in the blender. Froze them in ice cube trays and stored them in freezer bags. That's it :-) I haven't ventured into other greens, like super food spinach greens. But I probably should soon. I will probably offer real greens to DD whole, not pureed.

• I have done broccoli, peas, green beans, zucchini. Other veggies butternut squash, swt pot, tomatoes, and carrots. Have avocado to try when it ripens!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsEmilyS:
    I have done broccoli, peas, green beans, zucchini. Other veggies butternut squash, swt pot, tomatoes, and carrots. Have avocado to try when it ripens!

Are you steaming and pureeing?

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageDani0701:

imageMrsEmilyS:
    I have done broccoli, peas, green beans, zucchini. Other veggies butternut squash, swt pot, tomatoes, and carrots. Have avocado to try when it ripens!

Are you steaming and pureeing?

Yes all but the tomatoes. I have a baby food cookbook and it said to saut?ed them w a bit of butter and then pur?e.  

• We have been doing BLW but LO loves broccoli, green beans, and lettuce, and avocados. I bet most of them (maybe not the lettuce) would make great baby food
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • broccoli, spinach, squash and zucchini, peas and green beans. I just cut, steam and puree.
  • I haven't done many purees so far, but I did do a batch of peas.

We're doing mostly BLW, so she's also had: cucumber, broccoli, avocado, spinach cakes, zucchini, lettuce, and green beans.  

• Zucchini (with sage), green beans, brussel sprouts (with garlic powder) and peas (many different ways).  He doesn't like peas. They make him want to puke so he says in his own way.
  • We've done:

Peas

Peas with spinach and leek (a recipe from my baby book)

Broccoli

with all of these I have steamed, but used the water to make the puree.  I run it through my food mill.   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I go on https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ to get recipes and advice and stuff. I love the site.  For veggies, she's had peas, green beans, butternut squash, pumpkin, sweet potato. I can't remember what else.  Everything is so easy to make. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"