Babies: 3 - 6 Months

new aversion to the pacifier

My LO used to totally dig his pacifier.  Within the last couple weeks he has totally turned against it!  Maybe it's too small now?  It's an Avent 0-6 month, its the only one that he has ever had.  Has this happened to anyone else?
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: new aversion to the pacifier

• my LO is doing the same thing! he hates it now. hopingit a  phase!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My LO has never liked the pacifier after we got home from the hospital.  In the hospital he had it all the time and as soon as we were home he would spit it out every time.  He has been fine without it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes!  Right around 3 mos or so he went from being pacifier obsessess to hating it.  I was freaking out because it was so much a part of our soothing ritual with him.  Well, as it turned out, he had moved onto his thumb.  He had been trying to get the thumb in for awhile and when he started to refuse the paci, he became a professional thumb sucker within days. 
  • My DD definitely wants her paci less now that she has found her thumb. I'd say if he really doesn't want the paci, it's time to let it go. On the plus side, you won't have to deal with taking it away down the road, which can be a real PITA!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He does love to suck on his hands-well Kris is right, one less thing to have to take away later on-thanks for the input ladies. Smile

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"