August 2012 Moms
Options

second appt tomorrow... what to expect...

Greeting to all....based on how far along i am do yall think i will have some of those genetic test things. yes i am reading several books ,its just nice to hear from all of you. I hope we get to hear babys heartbeat. At my first u/s we just saw baby and saw the hear beating wave machine thing but not the actual sound of it. any input? I just hope (as we all do) that baby is still there, all is well, and is thriving. Anyone else have 2nd appt coming up? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: second appt tomorrow... what to expect...

• Options

My apt is next week.  At my last apt my doctor said I would hear the heart beat at next weeks apt.  I'm excited, but also really nervous.  Other than that, I have no idea what to expect!!

I'm a FTM... this is all so new! :)

Photobucket image BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My dr. checks the heartbeat with a doppler at every appt starting at 12 weeks. My appt is next week.  I was offered a NT scan and decided to do it so that will be the same day. I would assume when they scheduled you they would've said something....but some of the testing is optional or not even offered to some ladies. Good Luck!
    Married since 06/2004, TTC since 01/2011

BFP #1 and M/C 5/2011

BFP #2 7/1/2011, Blighted ovums officially diagnosed at 9w6d, D&C 8/19/2011.

BFP #3 12/7/2011, EDD 8/15/2012, Harper Lorelai born 8/09/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My second appt's have always been a full exam appt. (at each of my 3 different dr's over the years). A yearly pap and breast exam if needed, they check the cervix and size of uterus by manual exam, take a swab culture for clamydia and gonorrhea, weight, blood pressure, doppler for the heart beat (on the u/s if the doppler doesn't bring it up) and then a blood draw for all the blood work. This one is also more talking about pregnancy, she asked about birth control already, etc.

I think a NT scan is something you set up separately from your regular appt. 

Good luck and have fun! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

My 2nd appt is this morning. I'm 10w3d. I'm switching doctors so they're seeing me earlier than my other 2nd was supposed to be. I had my pap, breast exam, bloodwork, ultrasound/heard the heartbeat at 7w, so I'm not sure what they'll be doing today.

I just want to know everything's ok in there too. Haven't had many symptoms, so a lot of times I don't 'feel' pregnant. Just need that reconfirmation :) Good luck!

• Options

I had my second appt yesterday. It was just a heartbeat check and chatting.

If you haven't gotten your pap, breast exam, and blood work expect that, but I had all of that at my first appointment.

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker LovelyLittleShelf.com
  • Options
    I have my second appointment tomorrow too! My doctor likes to chat so I always just bring a list of questions for her to answer. We should hear the heartbeat with a doppler tomorrow too. I'm nervous but so excited. We also have our NT scan scheduled for Monday. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My first appt was at 9 weeks and all we did was an ultrasound to verify due date.  My second appt is tomorrow and from what I understand we will do doppler, pap, breast exam, and bloodwork.  My first time around, I was with a different practice and all of that was done at the first appt at 8 weeks and then my next appt at 12 weeks was just doppler.  Funny how different they can operate!
  • Options
    We have our second appt next week. I had blood taken at 9weeks(first appt). So this appt coming up should be a U/S and a hopefully to hear a heartbeat. We saw the heartbeat at the first appt. I had a pap done back in Nov with my regular Gyn so I dont know if my OB just decided not to do one since I had just had one or if they will do that this 2nd appt. They told me which appts to expect blood to be taken but I was so nervous at the first one about the blood drawn that I didnt hear anything lol. But my DH says there shouldnt be any blood drawn this time around. =)
  • Options
    had my 2nd appt yesterday ladies.. and my nt test scan thingy today with bloodwork... will post a separate post on this in a while... been up since early and so exhausted!! hope u are enjoying your day!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"