Parenting
Options

Facebook and everyone knows everyone

Totally random and meaningless...

I always used to get teased because no matter how I met someone they seemed connected to other people I dated. For example DH grew up in England and Hong Kong and is 11 years older than me, I met him at work about 30 minutes from where I grew up.  The guy I dated before DH was really close friends with the person that runs the recording studio that DH's band used so DH knew the guy.

So I am bored and was looking at FB and clicked on that ex-boyfriend's page and then looked at his girlfriend's page.  Turns out she is FB friends with one of my Mom's best friend's kids and the ex-boyfriend I dated before him.

Like I said, totally random but I find it so weird how everyone seems connected somehow.  And of course Facebook is weird in it's own right just because I can sit at home and find out what every guy I dated is doing over a decade later.  I need to start sewing again and get my camera out b/c I am lame.

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08

Re: Facebook and everyone knows everyone

• Options
    I totally do the same thing.  I saw an ex's (current) girlfriend bitching about my ex's ex-wife on FB - complaining that she wrote something on ex's wall that included hearts.  I was shocked that two grown women would even be interested in his lazy ass( my excuse is that I was in and just out of high school).
  • Options
    EMTEMT member

imageFriskyPanda:
    I totally do the same thing.  I saw an ex's (current) girlfriend bitching about my ex's ex-wife on FB - complaining that she wrote something on ex's wall that included hearts.  I was shocked that two grown women would even be interested in his lazy ass( my excuse is that I was in and just out of high school).

You guys! All this clicking is dangerous, you know! :) I accidentally friend requested someone from high school (that I have no business being "friends" with) because I was curious and clicked on her picture (and apparently the add as friends button). Doh! I felt like a dumbas$; she obviously hasn't accepted. Just be careful ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageEMT:

imageFriskyPanda:

You guys! All this clicking is dangerous, you know! :) I accidentally friend requested someone from high school (that I have no business being "friends" with) because I was curious and clicked on her picture (and apparently the add as friends button). Doh! I felt like a dumbas$; she obviously hasn't accepted. Just be careful ;)

And you have to be especially careful while scrolling through on your phone.  We have friends from school who went through a nasty divorce, and the only contact we have with them anymore is on FB.  She's nice but posts kind of crazy stuff about her dating life.  She posted something about how someone had called her a MILF, and I was surprised to see DH had "liked" it.  So was he.   

• Options
    imagelsufan:
    imageEMT:

imageFriskyPanda:

And you have to be especially careful while scrolling through on your phone.  We have friends from school who went through a nasty divorce, and the only contact we have with them anymore is on FB.  She's nice but posts kind of crazy stuff about her dating life.  She posted something about how someone had called her a MILF, and I was surprised to see DH had "liked" it.  So was he.   

That could be embarrassing! 

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Options
    There is a guy I went to HS with (just acquaintances) who I have 80-something mutual friends with...but only 40 or so are from HS. He is friends with people from my church, family friends, a few of my distant cousins etc. The most surprising, is that his brother is the guy my SIL (married to my DH's brother) had an affair with, and had a baby by. 
    Cole Joseph 7/05/07

Nora Anne 11/03/12
    9lbs, 6oz
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"