High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

? about Factor V Leiden/MTHFR from ttcal

Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone here can help me out :)

I have FVL & MTHFR (not sure if it's hetero or homo) and see an OBGYN and an RE. My RE would like me on Lovenox when I become pregnant. I am currently taking folic acid (not sure if it's folate or what) and baby aspirin daily (as well as thyroid meds). Jus twondering if you will/were induced early due to the disorders or meds? Or any other info on when you started/stopped?

TIA!

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
~DD Born! 2013~
~DD due! 2015~

Re: ? about Factor V Leiden/MTHFR from ttcal

• Options
    I was just DX'd with the same issues and am on Heparin, aspirin and Neevo. I'm around 5.4 weeks. We have another OB appt on Tuesday I'll let you know what she has to say, curious here as well. Had a dream last night that we had a 23lb baby...ahhhhh!!! LOL So early induction would be awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have FVL and am currently on heparin and also take Neevo DHA.  I'm 38 weeks now.  When I was first diagnosed with FVL, my ob mentioned that we'd likely induce at 39 weeks.  However, last week, he made some comments about thinking it would be ok to wait up until 41 weeks.  I go see him again today, and I'm anxious to talk to him some more about it.  I don't WANT to be induced, but I've heard so many people who are because of FVL.  I just want to make sure we're doing what's safest for the baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am FVL (homo) and my sister is FVL (hetero) and MTHFR (hetero).  I am on fragmin and will be switched to heparin when I'm closer.  I have a history of clotting with birth control, so I'll be induced around 39 weeks so that they can control how long I'm off the thinners. 

My sister was on lovenox and folate, switched to heparin when she got closer and was induced.  She had a healthy but small baby girl in December.

My MFM said it would be ok if I went into labor before being induced but wouldn't be able to get an epidural within 12 hours of my heparin shot... and that if I had an emergency c-section before the heparin wore off they would have to give me another medicine and possibly blood transfusions... so I'll be attempting the induction route.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• Options
    Well I had my appt today, and I asked my ob why they sometimes choose to induce at 39 weeks and what his stance was on that.  For me personally, he said I'm not a good candidate for induction right now because I'm not "ripe" enough.  He's afraid that if he tried to induce next week, I'd end up in an emergency c-section.  So, instead, he's having me come back on Monday morning for a BPP, and then we will discuss the possibility of scheduling a planned c-section (based on this as well as other factors that have nothing to do with FVL).  At any rate though, he's not comfortable letting me go more than a few days past my EDD. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was induced with DD to time me coming off Lovenox before delivery.  I was still able to get an epidural (there are rumors that you can't get one after being on Lovenox but it's not true).  This time I'm having a c-section due to complications from my vaginal delivery.  Best of luck - I'm so sorry for your losses.
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback, ladies!
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Options

I have this as well. I am on baby aspirin and Folbric (follic acid pill). The concern with babies of mothers with factor V is that the mother could throw a clot or the placenta can clot causing restricted blood flow to the baby.

I am currently having an issue with my baby not gaining enough weight. The doctor is concerned that my placenta is beginning to clot. It's always best to leave the baby in full term as long as she is getting everything she needs in the womb. In my case, my clotting may cause her to become starved and they will need to take her out so they can monitor her nutrient intake better. I will know more on tuesday when they run some additional tests. I'm hoping I can make it 30 weeks when survival rate is very high. I'm at 26 weeks, 5 days right now. Good thing is that her heart rate is strong, lots of amniotic fluid, and she moves around a lot. She's kickcing right now actually! She must know I'm talking about her. Smile

I hope everything goes well for you and that you don't have any issues!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"