October 2011 Moms
Options

Sitting Up

I need someone to communicate to DD that just because she can almost sit up, that doesn't mean that she shouldn't lay down occasionally.  In her bouncer she is almost sitting up and that is not enough for her.  She is constantly pushing the back of her elbows into the bouncer so that her head goes out farther to try and sit up.  Needless to say, she is getting held a lot these days so she can sit up all she wants without fussing.  Anybody else's baby doing this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: Sitting Up

• Options
    Oh yes. LO must have abs of steel with all the baby crunches she does trying to sit up all the time. Now if I have her lying down in her play area she is content but any other time it is up up up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

imageCTaylor315:
    Oh yes. LO must have abs of steel with all the baby crunches she does trying to sit up all the time. Now if I have her lying down in her play area she is content but any other time it is up up up.

My LO does the same thing! She won't sit in her RnP or her swing without trying to sit up, even though she is buckled in.  She does fine flat on the floor, but other than that she tries to do baby pilates and pull herself into a V-sit!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have a bumbo seat?  DD isn't as into sitting up as your LO, but she likes it for short periods.  It sounds like something your LO would love!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yep, same here. We're used to it though because she has been like this since she was 2mo old. She also loves to stand. I swear the child is going to walk before she even crawls.
    image image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

yes! my dd loves to sit up. she is actually sitting unassisted for about 10 seconds then will start to lean to the side.  amazing how much they are all changing! 

sorry for lack of capitalization, my blackberry doesnt post correctly on here. 

• Options

LO is doing the same elbows to the back to help her sit up.  She's spending a lot more time in her Bumbo seat these days.  She loves to look around and watch her big sis!

• Options
    Yes. All he wants to do is sitting up - and can't quite do it on his own, so he is getting held a bunch, Which makes mommy so very tired. And unproductive.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I bought a Beco carrier to help with her sitting  up all the time.  I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one having to work with this though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"