October 2011 Moms
Options

Baby Brand?

Ok I remember a thread a while back about "what brand is your baby?" but I cant find it.

The question I have is if anyone uses a nuk bottle or a mam bottle? How do you like it. Is it good for a gas baby?

I am currently using Playtex Ventaire (wide), but need to buy larger bottles and have been looking at other ones. On a side note my LO is not a picky nipple girl. Lol.

photo b5880bbf-17e0-491c-8d1e-181ee8707670_zps6b0bf0b5.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
My BFP Chart
Aug 19, 2010 ParaGuard IUD Removed
Sept 7, 2010 Dx w/Hypothyroidism (TSH 6.7) Began taking Levothyroxine
Feb 15, 2010 BFP with #1
Nov 1, 2011 DD1 Born

Re: Baby Brand?

• Options

Sorry, I BF and don't have an answer for you.

I just wanted to say your LO is precious. Love the siggy pic!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you...and I love that your little girl is muchin her hand!!!!
    photo b5880bbf-17e0-491c-8d1e-181ee8707670_zps6b0bf0b5.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Feb 15, 2010 BFP with #1
    Nov 1, 2011 DD1 Born
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We use nuk brand bottles at daycare. They are the only kid of nipple ds likes. They don't seem to give him any gas. He likes nuk bottles and mam pacis.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We use Gerber's First Essentials and don't seem to have any issues with them.
    Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• Options

imagethetheisens:
    We use nuk brand bottles at daycare. They are the only kid of nipple ds likes. They don't seem to give him any gas. He likes nuk bottles and mam pacis.

Does he use the basic ones or the orthodontic ones?

My LO uses the mam paci too. 

My BFP Chart
    Feb 15, 2010 BFP with #1
    Nov 1, 2011 DD1 Born
  • Options
    Playtex ventaire has 9oz bottles, I just bought a few.  We use those and Tommee Tippee.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    We use Nuk orthodontic wide-neck bottles but partly because they're the only nipple G would take. We like them, easy to clean, no leaking ever, and we don't have any gas issues really... He loves his Nuk pacis too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageReneeRN:

imagethetheisens:

The wide mouth bottle with orthodontic nipples. We seriously tried 5 other nipples first. I think he likes them because the hole is at the top side of the nipple and it's easier for him to control the flow.

• Options
    imagethetheisens:
    imageReneeRN:

imagethetheisens:

The wide mouth bottle with orthodontic nipples. We seriously tried 5 other nipples first. I think he likes them because the hole is at the top side of the nipple and it's easier for him to control the flow.

Ok my other question is when I used the Nuk it created a vacuum suction and the nipple started to cave in...is that what it is suppose to do? 

My BFP Chart
    Feb 15, 2010 BFP with #1
    Nov 1, 2011 DD1 Born
  • Options
    Our Nuk nipples don't cave in. Maybe your LO is sucking too hard and needs a faster flow? Not sure. Just an idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageReneeRN:
    imagethetheisens:
    imageReneeRN:

imagethetheisens:

Ok my other question is when I used the Nuk it created a vacuum suction and the nipple started to cave in...is that what it is suppose to do? 

No I've never had that problem. Like someone else said maybe she needs a faster flow nipple? Are you holding right with the hole towards the roof of her mouth? I ask because the first time I used one I held it wrong with the hole at the bottom towards his jaw. I use the slowest flow nipple becaus he's bf and I want him to work at it, but I remember my first ds switching to a faster flow nipple by this point.

• Options
    imagethetheisens:
    imageReneeRN:
    imagethetheisens:
    imageReneeRN:

imagethetheisens:

No I've never had that problem. Like someone else said maybe she needs a faster flow nipple? Are you holding right with the hole towards the roof of her mouth? I ask because the first time I used one I held it wrong with the hole at the bottom towards his jaw. I use the slowest flow nipple becaus he's bf and I want him to work at it, but I remember my first ds switching to a faster flow nipple by this point.

Yes the hole is on the roof of her mouth...hmmm. This nipple is a medium flow already...let me try the nipple on the other bottles... 

My BFP Chart
    Feb 15, 2010 BFP with #1
    Nov 1, 2011 DD1 Born
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"