Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Roll call and a question

So, who's here, and what are you doing?

Question: what is "romantic" to you?

I'm watching HGTV, and playing on the internet... mainly on Pinterest.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Roll call and a question

• hi...

DH is out with the guys and DS is sleeping...i was watching the disaster of the Kim and Kourtney show and now i'm pinning and bumping with wine :)

romantic is him doing little things for me without me asking like making extra smoothy for me in the morning and putting it in a cup in the fridge so when DS is napping i can drink it in front of the computer or bringing us a bottle of wine home from work on a monday night - it's been a long week after all!

after almost 4 years of marriage (i know that's not long!) i have lost the fantasy of getting flowers every day after work or hearing all those gushy cheesy things...i don't need all that because we still say i love you 19 times a day and i know he's thinking of me when he texts me randomly or how DS says DA DA constantly!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi!!! I'm watching the disaster that is Teen Mom 2 while eating papaya candy :) and lurking on the boards...being romantic is when my husband does things for me because he knows I'll appreciate it :) for example putting sodas in the fridge for me because he knows I'll forget...We've been married for 2 years this upcoming March...but we've been together for almost 7 years...I feel old now haha :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I'm here. Just chatting on FB and popped by to see what happened today.

I think that romance isn't something that can be created, I think it's something that just happens. Flowers and cards and chocolates are not romantic to me. My favorite romantic memories involve walking through a parking lot after dinner, goofing off in the city, and other random things. I also think that the most romantic gifts are well thought out, not generic. They don't have to be grand, they just need to be meaningful (my husband bringing me home my favorite caramels when I'm PMSy and having a rough day, or remembering a restaurant I wanted to try and making reservations).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm here watching the daily show. The things H does that I think are the most romantic are little things that I hate doing so he does them for me. He ALWAYS sets up the coffee pot for me so it's brewed when I get up in the morning. He will make sure and fill up my car with gas if I'm running low. Those are the two that stand out. He always makes sure I have everything i need to make life easier. When i was nursing right after C was born we had to use shields the first few months and he would always make aure they were washed and i had a water bottle near by because i got super thirsty. We have never been over the top lovey-dovey but sometimes I can look at him and I swear I can see how much he loves me. I would take that any day over being wined and dined.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm here... stewing in anger at DH and working on my graduate coursework. I'm on track to graduate with my Master's in Library and Information Science in August 2012, but this quarter is kicking my rear. I'm taking a web design class, and failing to see how knowing how to write html code makes me a better librarian. So I'm bumping and on Facebook to avoid doing homework.

To me, romance is DH doing anything that actually saves me work. If he does the dishes, laundry, puts the kids to bed, etc without having to be ASKED by me, he gets points. Before we had two kids? Romance was him drawing me a bath and lighting some candles for me, or making breakfast in bed. 

If anyone has read the Love Languages book? Acts of service is totally my language. :) 

• I'm here, i was updating my blog and catching up on some I follow.

I'm not a romantic person, to me romantic is when MH comes home and we sit and catch up on our sitcoms. We really just enjoy one another and we like to sit and laugh! With twinfants anything else would be too exhausting... lol 

• imageLesleyH11:

Hi!!! I'm watching the disaster that is Teen Mom 2 while eating papaya candy :) and lurking on the boards...being romantic is when my husband does things for me because he knows I'll appreciate it :) for example putting sodas in the fridge for me because he knows I'll forget...We've been married for 2 years this upcoming March...but we've been together for almost 7 years...I feel old now haha :) 

Old? How old are you?

MH and I have been married for 5.5 years and together since 2003. I don't feel old yet. lol 

• imageBejebus:

I'm here... stewing in anger at DH and working on my graduate coursework. I'm on track to graduate with my Master's in Library and Information Science in August 2012, but this quarter is kicking my rear. I'm taking a web design class, and failing to see how knowing how to write html code makes me a better librarian. So I'm bumping and on Facebook to avoid doing homework.

To me, romance is DH doing anything that actually saves me work. If he does the dishes, laundry, puts the kids to bed, etc without having to be ASKED by me, he gets points. Before we had two kids? Romance was him drawing me a bath and lighting some candles for me, or making breakfast in bed. 

If anyone has read the Love Languages book? Acts of service is totally my language. :) 

I have!  That's mine too!  Unfortunately, my DH isn't so great about taking initiative around the house.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagemari2003:
    imageLesleyH11:

Hi!!! I'm watching the disaster that is Teen Mom 2 while eating papaya candy :) and lurking on the boards...being romantic is when my husband does things for me because he knows I'll appreciate it :) for example putting sodas in the fridge for me because he knows I'll forget...We've been married for 2 years this upcoming March...but we've been together for almost 7 years...I feel old now haha :) 

Old? How old are you?

MH and I have been married for 5.5 years and together since 2003. I don't feel old yet. lol 

LOL LOL I'm going to be 25 in May...but it's not necessarily that I feel old it's just that I don't know where the time went haha---I DEMAND more time haha! 

imageimage

• imagemamabrof:
    imageBejebus:

I'm here... stewing in anger at DH and working on my graduate coursework. I'm on track to graduate with my Master's in Library and Information Science in August 2012, but this quarter is kicking my rear. I'm taking a web design class, and failing to see how knowing how to write html code makes me a better librarian. So I'm bumping and on Facebook to avoid doing homework.

I have!  That's mine too!  Unfortunately, my DH isn't so great about taking initiative around the house.

Mine either. Hence the stewing in anger... plus he has the worst variation of the man-cold ever... the man-ear-infection. He's worse than DD when she had one.  He's been worse than useless for the past two days.  

• imageLesleyH11:
    imagemari2003:
    imageLesleyH11:

Old? How old are you?

LOL LOL I'm going to be 25 in May...but it's not necessarily that I feel old it's just that I don't know where the time went haha---I DEMAND more time haha! 

B!tch I could smack you! lol I was waiting for you to say you were much older. I'm almost 30. When I was 25 I felt on cloud 9. Now after twinfants and driving a minivan not so much! haha 

• imageLesleyH11:
    imagemari2003:
    imageLesleyH11:

Old? How old are you?

woops double post!

• imagemari2003:
    imageLesleyH11:
    imagemari2003:
    imageLesleyH11:

Old? How old are you?

B!tch I could smack you! lol I was waiting for you to say you were much older. I'm almost 30. When I was 25 I felt on cloud 9. Now after twinfants and driving a minivan not so much! haha 

I LOL at this so hard!  Honestly I don't think we're old at all...me personally I'm just tired all the time (especially now since I have to wait until 1am to give my son his meds)...I bet you are too, that's what makes me feel old LOL....I'm now thinking of getting a minivan as well...ohh how life changes. 

imageimage

• imageLesleyH11:
    imagemari2003:
    imageLesleyH11:
    imagemari2003:
    imageLesleyH11:

Old? How old are you?

I LOL at this so hard!  Honestly I don't think we're old at all...me personally I'm just tired all the time (especially now since I have to wait until 1am to give my son his meds)...I bet you are too, that's what makes me feel old LOL....I'm now thinking of getting a minivan as well...ohh how life changes. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it! It really puts everything into perspective. I had to get it because of the twins, but my DS1 is 11, plays football and has tons of gear, um and he's huge. Plus all the sh!t the twins need, ughhh... I hate it, can't wait for my lease to be up I will be getting a huge SUV instead! lol 

• Haha, I want a Ford Excursion...but I don't think they make them anymore...BOO! Those are ummm HUGE! <---That's what you need!

imageimage

• We have an Armada. It's big enough. Might just get another one.
  • I'm here!  What am I doing...well probably should be working considering I have been here for 20 minutes and immediately got on here to check out you guys!

What is "romantic" - LOL, I think most of that went out the window with the LO.  But really romantic is anytime we get to spend together by ourselves, even if it is just for 30 minutes!  Before baby it would have had to be a nice date night somewhere out on the town!

• Hey. I am at work and my boss is gone for the day so I will be here all day!

Romantic: I get really uncomfortable with all the traditional romantic stuff but DH loves to do it. I just like it when....sometimes I will fall asleep on the couch and he will wake me up and everything is done for the night. A is sleeping, he turned all her toys off, bottles are clean, and the bed is ready for me to get it and he has put a glass of water next to the bed for me. Then when I get in bed he rubs my back. That is romance.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm at work. Taking a break after getting screamed at because the as$hat is ignorant.

Romantic for me is just finding some way to show appreciation and love.  If its just us cuddling on the couch or getting to take a bath together, or even if he makes the dinner, I think that's romantic.  We don't get a lot of time just us anymore, so I truly treasure the little things. 

He also goes and gets me my favorite donuts every few days...I think it's romantic when he actually leaves one for me instead of eating it himself lol.

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"