October 2011 Moms

balls question

Okay, I don't have them so I'm allowed to ask.  Why is my LO's scrotum all baggy and sticking to his leg one diaper change, and the next change his skin is totally high and tight?  Is this something to do with temperature?  The reason I ask is that when he was born, the Doc said that he had extra fluid around his testicles that will dissapate.  It is called hydrocele. So I'm on ball watch :-)
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: balls question

• They change position based on temperature. They have to maintain a small window. So when he's cold, they tuck up against his body where it's warmer. If they're warm, they hang lower, away from his warm body.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I thought so, sorry about the stupid question :-)

• Loading the player...
  • It's not stupid! You don't have balls, as you pointed out.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemargaretkaye1:
    Thank goodness. Balls are gross.

I totally agree.  I couldn't deal with those things flopping around and slicking to my legs.

• imageChunstad:

imagemargaretkaye1:
    Thank goodness. Balls are gross.

I totally agree.  I couldn't deal with those things flopping around and slicking to my legs.

I'm having a stressful day at work and this made me actually LOL! Thanks ladies! Big Smile

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I asked my husband this same question several weeks ago!! He informed me that the testicles can be subjected to shrinkage as well and not just the penis when they are cold. Lol
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesmit5009:
    I asked my husband this same question several weeks ago!! He informed me that the testicles can be subjected to shrinkage as well and not just the penis when they are cold. Lol

I was in the pool!

Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• imageChunstad:
    Okay, I don't have them so I'm allowed to ask.  Why is my LO's scrotum all baggy and sticking to his leg one diaper change, and the next change his skin is totally high and tight?  Is this something to do with temperature?  The reason I ask is that when he was born, the Doc said that he had extra fluid around his testicles that will dissapate.  It is called hydrocele. So I'm on ball watch :-)

My son has the same thing.  It honestly makes his balls look HUGE compared to his penis (either that or his penis is extraordinarily SMALL!)   Some days they are loose and other days all tucked up close to his body.  I've noticed them slowly getting smaller, but I'm also on ball watch :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

"God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it" 1 Corinthians 10:13
  • A ball story: I need to prefece this by saying, I'm a lesbian with very, very limited "ball experience". When we were in the hospital, the first day, I thought I would get my mommy on and check his diaper. To my delight I told my wife "he pooped!" and got all excited for my first diaper change, only to realize it was just a puddle of balls.. Not poop. I realized then I had no idea what was going on down there. And maybe it was the drugs fm c-section but I swear I said/did the same thing for about 4 days on end. Each time opening his diaper and being *completely* surprised it was his balls. 

Poor kid is going to be a sitter. ;) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejeannkerricotober09:

A ball story: I need to prefece this by saying, I'm a lesbian with very, very limited "ball experience". When we were in the hospital, the first day, I thought I would get my mommy on and check his diaper. To my delight I told my wife "he pooped!" and got all excited for my first diaper change, only to realize it was just a puddle of balls.. Not poop. I realized then I had no idea what was going on down there. And maybe it was the drugs fm c-section but I swear I said/did the same thing for about 4 days on end. Each time opening his diaper and being *completely* surprised it was his balls. 

ha ha ha 

This may be the best thing I have ever read! And you must tell him this story when he gets older. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejeannkerricotober09:

A ball story: I need to prefece this by saying, I'm a lesbian with very, very limited "ball experience". When we were in the hospital, the first day, I thought I would get my mommy on and check his diaper. To my delight I told my wife "he pooped!" and got all excited for my first diaper change, only to realize it was just a puddle of balls.. Not poop. I realized then I had no idea what was going on down there. And maybe it was the drugs fm c-section but I swear I said/did the same thing for about 4 days on end. Each time opening his diaper and being *completely* surprised it was his balls. 

This, dear lady, is awesome. The bolded part may just become one of my new favorite sentences. DH's aunt and her wife commented on his balls the other day - I think I need to tell them that with their very limited ball experience, they will just have to trust the judgement of their nephew (my ball experience is not as limited as yours may possibly be, but still not too big).

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When I change his diaper I sing "who let your balls out. Who? Who? Who? Who? Who?

To the tune of "who let the dogs out". He thinks it's hilarious. I am totally winning in the ball department now. 

;) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"