June 2012 Moms

Team greeners - where to register??

Has anyone found a place that has some good unisex clothing for older babies?

I feel like all the unisex stuff is like newborn and 0-3 sizes only but I want to register for larger sizes cuz I know they grow fast...

Re: Team greeners - where to register??

• I'm not team green but be careful registering for specific outfits. Stores get new stuff all the time and inventory is always changing. Chances are the outfits you put on your registry will no longer be in the store when people go to buy stuff.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • We were team green with DD and didn't register for clothes at all. I bought a few outfits and sleepers before baby got here. We got a ton of clothes as gifts by the time she was a week old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Why on earth would you register for clothing??  I mean, it's your choice, but it may be slightly crazy to register for clothes because you get so many anyway. 

Also, I haven't seen what I would call a good selection of gender neutral clothing anywhere.

• I ran into the same thing but I don't necessarily want unisex clothes after the newborn stage. I will probably only register for white onesies in larger sizes and call it good. People will buy clothes when the baby is born and they know whether to buy for a boy or girl. I think that one of the great things about being team green is that people don't purchase a bunch of clothes in pink or blue and then you end up with much more than you need, instead they will likely buy other necessities from the registry. Most people don't like to purchase gender neutral (I'm getting complaints already haha).

The only thing that I could suggest for an older baby is the pants/long sleeve onesie/zip up hoodie/jeans separates. Those are the only things that seem "neutral" in my opinion.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am a FTM, didn't realize we would get so many clothes as gifts. I guess I just won't bother registering for any but it would still be nice to know where to find gender neutral stuff so people will stop complaining :) its not easy being green :p

• I think baby gap has some soft stuff that is pretty neutral.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm team green and registering at Amazon for baby items but not clothing.  I'm guessing that I'll get clothing without registering for it and that's fine but I'm not putting it on a registery.
  • As someone who has been team green before, my advice would be to NOT register (or worry about) gender neutral clothes beyond the smallest sizes. We were team green with DS and didn't use half the newborn gender neutral stuff we bought ahead of time, because once DS was here we received (and bought) tons of gender specific clothes of all different sizes. And once LO is here, you'll have way more fun dressing them in gender specific things than they yellow duckie and orange giraffe stuff that's available as 'gender neutral'. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemargaritachikita:

I am a FTM, didn't realize we would get so many clothes as gifts. I guess I just won't bother registering for any but it would still be nice to know where to find gender neutral stuff so people will stop complaining :) its not easy being green :p

You could show people a giant warehouse full of gender neutral clothing and they'd still complain because they can't buy pink or blue. I can guarantee that. 

• I'm team green and only registering for onsies, swaddles and socks as far as clothing.  I have no doubt I'm going to get a lot of clothing anyway.  I figure if my friends and family are so intent on getting clothing and not getting something from the registry, they will be able to find it.  :)  I was just hoping if I didn't put clothes on the list I'd get something that I needed a little more like bottles or breast pump accessories.

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"