Babies: 0 - 3 Months

How do you keep your baby warm at night?

What do you use to keep your baby warm? Wearable blankets? Onesie with a blanket over LO? What's your nightly routine for baby?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How do you keep your baby warm at night?

• as of right now, she gets put in a sleeper than put in a sleep sac with little hand mits.  and we use a cover on the lower half of her body. she still doesnt flip or move besides up to the top of her bed lol. 

We dont have a huge routine. I usually try to feed her within a hour of going down.  and she usually doesnt go into her bed until like 10 at the earliest because we are late night people.  but we have a sound machine and nightlight projector that shines on the ceiling above where she sleeps.  just the sound of those two things she knows its bed time.  we dont even have to rock her usually.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A sleeper and a wearable blanket seems to be warm enough for DD.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sleeper and swaddle in a thin fleece throw blanket
  • imageOurJellybean:
    Sleeper and swaddle in a thin fleece throw blanket
    This.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Fleece or cotton footed sleeper, fleece sleep sack and a swaddle me
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Short sleeved onesie, sleeper, scratch mittens and a fleece sleep sack.
    BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• In the beginning I put him in a onesie and then a swaddle. Kept the heater at 70 or 71 degrees. It doesn't get too cold here, so we didn't need much else, he actually would get hot. He sleeps with a fan on now so cool air circulates in his room.

Now he just sleeps in a footed sleeper with the fan on.

Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Either a onesie or footed pjs and swaddled in an A+A blanket. We have a space heater which keeps the room around 71. You don't want them to be too warm. 
  • She wears an undershirt and fleece pjs only. She has bandages from an injury around her whole torso so that is an extra layer. Her body is totally warm. They dont need to be overheated. My house is set at 68. To be honest, everything I read is that 70 is way too warm and promotes germs.

PJs and a swaddle are plenty.

• She wears a footed sleeper and a Swaddle Me. If her sleeper is cotton, I put the fleece swaddle on. If her sleeper is fleece, I just put the cotton swaddle on. I keep the heat at 70 and we also have a fan on in the room so the air is circulating.
  • Onesie, swaddled in a recieving blanket.  If it's cold, I'll do a double swaddle.  I have the heat set to come on if it drops to 65 degrees though.  I want to put her in a sleeper but I'm afraid she'll get too hot with a swaddle too, and I don't want to put her to bed without the swaddle....afraid she'll startle herself awake.
    ~*Kimberly*~

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
  • Fleece sleeper, fleece wearable blanket, wrapped from the chest down in a flannel swaddle blanket.... plus scratch mittens to keep his hands warm.  We're in Wisconsin and our house is cold at night.
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • She sleeps in a long sleeve onsie and a sleep sack.

Our routine is bath around 7pm, bottle, bed.

image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Warm sleeper in a sleep sack with a light blanket over.  He loves having his hands free and kicks a lot so that is the only thing that works for now.
    "Read the books, don
  • long sleeved onesie with a halo sleep sack. I can't imagine doing anymore because I think he would overheat. We keep the house at 68 at night.

• We used a halo swaddle over a pack n play suit. But you just have to try a few methods yourself. Sometimes I feel like baby is hot cause she will be sweaty after nap or in the mornings. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"