December 2011 Moms

Anxiously waiting for pedi to call

So today was M's 6 week appointment. His pedi had him go for a skull series (x-ray's of his skull) because he had a large hematoma on his head from birth. The blood and fluid has gone down, but now he has a large knot in the same place.

His pedi is worried that his suture lines may have overlapped from the hematoma and fused wrong in that spot. If so, he will need surgery to correct his skull.

She said she will call tomorrow. I'm trying not to get too worked up, but on a good note he took his shots like a champ!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anxiously waiting for pedi to call

• T&P that things are healing correctly and won't require surgery. Hang in there mama and try to get some rest (I know easier said than done). ((Hugs))
  • Good luck! T & Ps - please update when pedi calls back!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hopefully you'll get some good news. The waiting must be so difficult.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageRNfromMN:
    Good luck! T & Ps - please update when pedi calls back!

I will and thank you for the kind words, from all of you!

They still haven't called and more than likely won't until this evening. I wish they would call first thing in the morning, but I know that is totally unrealistic!

I've tried not to stress and worry. The worst part is me thinking about the surgery if he has to have it. Working in surgery myself I know what happens and I just can't stand to think about my little boy like that!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"