April 2012 Moms
Options

WWYD? CP

I posted a little while back that C's grandpa has been given 3-4 months to live. C has decided to go to Kansas to see him at the beginning of March, but what I am wondering is should Hazel and I go too? Hazel has met her great-grandpa once or maybe twice and the idea of going three days alone with no help doesn't sound very entertaining. However, it is a very quick turn around and 8 hours in the car with a toddler isn't too appealing. It would be great to be there to support C and then his parents would get to spend some time with Hazel, something they don't do very often. So what would you do?

[Poll]

i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.

Re: WWYD? CP

• Options
    You could try bringing an extra person to help take care of Hazel? I think your hubby needs you right now, and it would be wise to just be there for him. :)
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • Options
    We have traveled with DD at least that distance many times.  Both of our families live at least 7+ hours away.  In the past we'd travel at her bedtime and then she'd sleep through the trip.  That does get really hard!  Recently we left during her first nap then got out and ate lunch and walked around a mall, wall mart or whatever.  Then gave her a second nap in the car until she got fussy.  We then would find somewhere to waste time, eat supper and then travel during her bed time.  It works quite well.  You will probably want extended times out of the car too.  I dislike traveling at this stage of pregnancy.  I get so uncomfortable and my feet swell horrible.  Getting out for extended periods helps that a lot.  GL with your trip and I hope all goes well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think especially considering your H will be going when his grandfather only has a few months left, it's important that you're there.

If the grandparents are willing to help with your DD, I'd definitely bring her, too.  I'm sure it will mean a lot to your H's grandfather to spend time with her (however brief depending on his condition), and your DD is young enough that it won't be "traumatizing" or anything to see him (again, depending on his condition when you go).

Can you find another way to go besides driving, maybe?  Even if there's a train it could be easier than 8hrs in the car. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I vote stay - just b/c my dr told me I needed to stay within 2 hrs of my hospital after 32 wks.  I am pretty bummed b/c my sister is having her baby shower at the beg of March about 5 hrs away driving.  The OB said she strongly recommended I stay home and that there would be risk of having to labor in a car for a long time (YUCK), or potentially deliver at a different hospital. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would feel horrible, but there's personally no way I could physically be in a car for 8 hours right now, nonetheless in March. I'm not sure how you're feeling and how your pg is progressing, but I would not feel comfortable going and I think my OB would be extremely leery.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    We don't have time to take really long breaks so it would have to be one straight shot with a few pee stops and a food break. C would be plenty of help if Hazel and I went with. It would be staying home alone with her that would be not fun. We can't afford to fly and that is the only option. He only has Friday, Saturday and Sunday off and can't take off any more because he works on commission only.
    i wish i could be joking but my dad is the music teacher at a church so he owuld be mad. we had sex, all the time how bad i know but we dont want to wait and he said GREAT OH KAY! and I was really feeling the wets? down there- too embarsed to say- but he acted like man.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"