Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Clicky- Falling Asleep

Clicky

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clicky- Falling Asleep

• Options
    your LO is too young to self soothe. most babies don't learn to do that until at least 3+ months.
    Baby Charchie born 12/22/2011
  • Options

E usually fell asleep after nursing or a bottle.

He went through phases where he would only sleep on me - ie bottle, burp, asleep on shoulder.

Om nom nom
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I nursed (only about 2 weeks), mine always went to sleep that way. I think it's natural but it can turn into a bad habit when they are older I hear. But like pp said, your baby probably won't be able to self soothe for a little longer. Mine is obsessed with her thumb and can put herself back to sleep with it now. I can always put her down drowsy but awake under her mobile and she's good to go. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They say they are too young to self sooth but my lo does some form. Sometimes I nurse her to sleep and sometimes I Rock her. Sometimes she will be very sleepy with heavy eyes but I put her down and she stirs and looks around. I leave her stiring about, but not if she is upset and 75% of the time if I wait long enough she will fall asleep, other tines I have to pick her up and Rock her more, then repeat. This took me a while to learn cuz I thought... She's wide awake, she won't sleep... But I waited like 30 min once and was amazed she actually fell asleep on her own.
  • Options
    When DD goes down for her long stretch and also after her middle of the night feeding, she usually falls asleep on the boob, but I can put her down drowsy and she'll fall asleep.  Usually once I get up to move her to the crib she wakes up a bit, but after a few minutes she's asleep again.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    Usually I rock, cradle, or hold DD until she falls asleep, especially at bedtime.  But, during the day for naps, I can usually swaddle her and put in her swing and she will fall asleep on her own.
  • Options

imageuncharch7:
    your LO is too young to self soothe. most babies don't learn to do that until at least 3+ months.

Agreed.  I'm of the opinion that you can't spoil a newborn... or even a baby under 3mo.  With all three of my boys, I've soothed them to sleep for the first 2-3 months.  Rocking, holding, nursing, whatever.  After 3 months or so, I start giving them chances to fall asleep on their own and they eventually learn.

They're only this little once, don't overwhelm yourself with info.  Books are great but remember that your baby is an individual and only you know what your LO really needs! 

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks for your responses, ladies. I really appreciate it. I think I'll try to chill out a little and go with the flow for now.... thanks!!! :-)
  • Options
    Thanks for your responses, ladies. I really appreciate it. I think I'll try to chill out a little and go with the flow for now.... thanks!!! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"