March 2012 Moms
Options

Health and Grooming kits?

I'm looking at what's left on my registry and which things are things I really need and which are frivalous and not really needed.  Do you really need one of those silly kits with all the health and grooming things?  Is it cheaper to just buy a bulb syringe, some nail clippers, and a thermometer?  Any second time moms have any advice?  Thanks!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Health and Grooming kits?

• Options
    I think the grooming kits are not worth it.  We got a brush, comb, and bulb syringe from the hospital.  The hospital bulb syringes are way better than any you can buy at the store.  Just get the nail clippers and the thermometer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Options

They aren't worth it IMO.

You need a comb and a soft brush, a thermometer, maybe a bulb syringe (but the hospital will probably give you one and they're far better), a nail clipper/file, and possibly a medicine dropper...

I highly recommend this thermometer:  https://www.amazon.com/Vicks-V934-Baby-Rectal-Thermometer/dp/B0002AHVZU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328062967&sr=8-1  It takes a quick reading, and any time you call the pedi they'll want a rectal temp.  I like this one better than most because it's designed to only go a certain distance.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom's a Ped and she also says they aren't worth it. For babies nails, it's better to just peel them vs using nail clippers. The only things you really need are the suction bulb and the thermometer. My mom still has old school rectal theromometers so we are going to use those until she's older.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"