March 2012 Moms
Options

Itchy =(

I know this has been mentioned before but I'm finally about to lose my mind. I itch all over, all the time. I notice it more when I'm sitting around the house or tying to sleep. I googled PUPPS and I highly doubt that's what it is. Because I have very dry skin I moisturize atleast twice a day with Jergens lotion. Anyone else using a lotion they find works better? I mainly need something to use at night so I can fall asleep easier. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Itchy =(

• Options

I was going crazy with itching weeks ago and purchased a couple different Aveeno products.

This one I love...Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Shower & Bath Oil with Natural Soothing Oatmeal for Relief of Itchy, Dry Skin. I use it both in the shower and in baths.

I also bought Aveeno Skin Relief Itch Calming lotion.

I won't pretend that I never have to deal with itching anymore, but I think these products have been helping...especially the Oil one Stick out tongue

image image
  • Options
    I think I may go buy some Aveno tonight! Worth a shot! Thanks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    While it very well may be dry skin, there is some sort of issue that can present in pregnancy (not PUPPS) that has to do with liver function.  It presents with itchiness.  So, if it really is ridiculous itching, it might be worth contacting your OB just to check. 
  • Options
    I know, me too, esp at night when I am trying to relax-drives me crazy! I use aveeno stress relief with the oatmeal, I find that helps quite a bit!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

::lurky-loo::

Cholestasis can cause itching that presents without a rash, usually on the palms and soles of your feet, but it can be all over, and is usually worse at night. It's caused by a back up of bile in the liver and a simple blood test can rule it out.  It's pretty rare, but worth checking into. 

I have a severe case of PUPPS and I've found some relief with Zyrtec, cortisone cream, and Eucerin Calming Itch Relief.  It doesn't always last very long, but its usually enough to help regain some sanity before it starts again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"