Success after IF

I am done with Metformin. DONE.

That's it, I can't take the side effects (horrible cramping associated w/ diarrhea) anymore. I have an "episode" every other day and it's come to the point where it has affected my life. I gave it a chance, I really did. When I got put on it in November, I dealt with it thinking that it would go away in a few weeks like it did the last time. Well November came and went, and so did December and nothing changed. Then I thought it was because I was eating like crap. So on Jan 1st, I put myself on WW and have lost close to 10 lbs since and guess what? NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

I'm so done. I don't care if it'll help control my PCOS symptoms. At this point, I just want my normal life back. I want to take a normal dump for goodness sakes. I don't want to question every meal I eat asking myself if it'll make me run to the bathroom in 20 minutes.

Tell me I'm being dumb for taking myself off the Met if you want, that's fine. To me, being flamed is so worth having my life back.

TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy

Re: I am done with Metformin. DONE.

• I don't think you're dumb AT ALL!!  I think I remember you responding to my post about how awful starting back on met has been for me.  I have been on it for a month and am supposed to be taking it twice per day but I am still only taking it once per day because my body is not handling it well.  At the end of the day, quality of life is soooo important and if you think that's what's best for you, then I think you should quit.  I can tell you that if I am still having these troubles in 2 months I'll go off of it too.  It's not worth being miserable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You are not dumb at all...the side effects are terrible. I started taking mine at 2:30 instead of with dinner and it seems to have helped me with the diarrhea quite a bit.  I can actually tolerate 1,500 mg/day.  But if you're not adjusting to it and it's making you miserable just stop.  I'm sure there are other alternative treatments you could try instead of the Met.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I take Glumetza, to me it's worth the extra money to not have to deal with all those side effects! best stuff ever!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for sympathizing with me, girls.Big Smile

Babbs, I've never heard of Glumetza, I'll have to look into that for sure.

TTC#1=Feb 2009: 50 mg Clomid+Ovidrel shot+Metformin+Dexamethasone+TI=BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2=July 2011: Surprise BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"