2nd Trimester
Options

yeast infection :(

I have a freaking yeast infection, oh joy.  I thought it was just dry skin but all the symptoms came into play this evening.  My next appointment is next week but I cant wait that long, I am way too uncomfortable.  The only problem is that my work schedule doesnt really allow me to be able to miss during office hours to go into the doctor earlier.  Do you guys think that if I called my OB and told him my symptoms he would write me a script?  I have read in a few places that 2nd tri yeast infections are somewhat common but to NOT use over the counter products...

Re: yeast infection :(

• Options
    I used otc products when pregnant with DD, I was in the 1st trimester, but they are on both of the OB's I used safe list. 
  • Options
    You should be able to call and ask the doctor. I am in my second trimester and one a few weeks ago. The triage nurse who is on call for the doctor told me that I could use monistat. I definitely would not wait because I know how bad they can get, even if it's just one more day. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had one and my doc wouldn't write a script, even after seeing me. Said the only safe thing was the Monistat 7 day cream. Not even the 1 day! :( Feel better!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've always been ok'd to use otc meds for a yeast infection when pregnant. I get them so frequently when pregnant that it'd be a royal pain to have to see a dr every time! If you're open to other options too, though, you could use a clove of garlic tonight to help: 

https://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/garlic.asp 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Did your OB give you any info in the beginning of your pregnancy about safe meds? Mine gave me a sheet and it okays Monistat, all types (1, 3, and 7 day). As pp suggested, if you're open to a more natural approach, garlic works!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I was getting tons of yeast infections during my 1st pregnancy.  It was crazy.

The doctor said to keep using monistat 7 repeatedly.  But all dr's are different.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OTC products should be fine, Monistat is on my office's list of approved medication.  I used the 7-day in first tri and whatever you do, do not get the 1-day.  I made that mistake once and I will never get it again.  The active ingredient was way too concentrated for me and it made things feel worse.  It's probably better to use one with a lower concentration during pregnancy anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Options

Monistat is good, I recommend the 7 day.

Yeast infections suck, but thank goodness they are easy to be rid of.

I actually got a yeast infection from antibiotics to cure my bladder infection *sigh*

Gotta love being pregnant.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hmm...my doctor said any of the topical creams over the counter are okay for symptom relief.
  • Options

I feel you. This is my third one while being pregnant. Dr said I could use the 7 day creme. I would call and ask because you dont want to go too long without doing something about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"