Trouble TTC
Options

reproductive endocronologist

After 6 months of trying to get pregnant, my husband and I were referred to a reproductive endocronologist.  I was on the pill for 11 years and went off of it September 2011 and have not gotten my period since.  I have had an eating disorder for about 10 years off and on, but it has not been active for about a year!!!!  Our reproductive endocronologist diagnosed us (with 95% certainty) with Hyopthalamic Amenorrhea.  We have bloodwork/semen analyais/an HSG coming up in the next couple of weeks to make sure his diagnosis is correct.  What should I expect?  I'm feeling fairly optomistic...is that ok??????

Re: reproductive endocronologist

• Options

SA is simple, your DH produces sample in cup, hands it over, you get results in a few days (insurance doesn't cover it, we paid $110 for it). The results typically have the 'average' results on there along with your DH's results so you can know if he's low on anything. The HSG to me felt like a pap smear, had slight cramping the next day.

Good luck and hopefully you get good results !

Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Options
    I'm new to this, so I'm assuming SA is semen analysis.  Maybe I'm naive, but I don't consider this to be too difficult, considering I'm the person with the "problem."  I do trust my doctor, which is a huge bonus!!!  My best friend used him as a doctor and went through 2 years of ttc and is FINALLY pregnant!!!!  What does an HSG consist of and what else should I expect with a diagnosis of hypothalamic amenorrhea??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't have any advice but wanted to wish you GL!
    -adorUHbuL

• Options
    imagevpine:

SA is simple, your DH produces sample in cup, hands it over, you get results in a few days (insurance doesn't cover it, we paid $110 for it). The results typically have the 'average' results on there along with your DH's results so you can know if he's low on anything. The HSG to me felt like a pap smear, had slight cramping the next day.

Good luck and hopefully you get good results !

Some insurance does cover an SA. Our insurance covered it all except for $3.

My HSG was very painful, but I also have a very low pain tolerance. They recommend you take ibuprofen about an hour before the procedure. It is quick though and the pain goes away quickly as well.

Good luck! 

My DX is Hypothalamic Amenorrhea (HA)  as well. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Basically, clomid, which is a pill that is meant to help you ovulate, will not work with HA. You will most likely move straight to injectable meds, for me it was menopur. Depending on your husbands SA and the results of your HSG you will be given the option to try Timed Intercourse (TI) or go straight to an intrauterine insemination (IUI) if your tubes are clear. If they are not clear you may be advised to go straight to IVF.  There are not a lt of women on these boards (trouble TTC and IF) with HA but there are a few of us. Good luck!
    Me: 33, Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, DOR (AMH .35), DH: 38, Borderline low morph
    5/09- Off BCP, 5/09-9/09- No period, 9/09-9/10- Lots of Tests & accupuncture
    10/10 and 11/10- 2 rounds of Menopur + TI= BFNS
    12/10-IUI #1 Menopur = BFN
    1/11- IUI #2 Menopur = BFP, 2/11 missed mc at 9 weeks, D&C
    5/11- Operative Hysteroscopy to remove uterine septum
    6/11- IUI #3 Menopur = BFP, 8/11 missed mc at 11 weeks, D&C
    1/12- Lap and Operative Hysteroscopy to remove uterine septum (again) & scar tissue
    2/12- Stint Removal, 3/12 repeat SHG and HSG- showed scar tissue blocking right tube
    4/12- Operative hysteroscopy (again), RE said he can now see right tube (yay!)
    5/12- Stint removal, 6/12 repeat SHG and HSG-both tubes are open!
    8/12- IUI #4 Bravelle = BFN
    9/12-IUI #5 Bravelle = BFN
    1/13- IVF #1, micro-flare protocol, 7R, 6F, 5dt of 2 AA embryos, 1 to freeze = BFP
    Beta #1: 176, Beta #2: 422, EDD 10/8/13- it's TWINS!
    *PAIF/SAIF always welcome*
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"