1st Trimester
Options

7 weeks with a new cyst

Hi all - Just had my first ultrasound and baby looks good - HR of 120, due date September 13!  Unfortunately, I have a cyst on the left ovary.  This was not there when I had a vaginal ultrasound back in September and now is 5.5 cm.  

I will be getting monthly ultrasounds until it gets smaller.  If it gets bigger or interferes with baby, we will have to go in surgically in the 2nd trimester.

Anyone else with the same experience? 

Re: 7 weeks with a new cyst

• Options
    Yep, I went for an ultrasound at 9 weeks and they found a cyst on my left ovary too. It hurts a lot especially when I twist or move the wrong way. Today I went walking and was in so much pain when I got home. My dr. told me it should be gone by 12+ weeks, so we'll see. He did reassure me though that it wouldn't interfere with the baby, that it's actually pretty common because of increasing hormones. We just gotta keep checking on it to make sure it doesn't cause any harm. Just rest and don't do a lot of lifting and all that. Good luck!
  • Options

Ahh, I'm glad you posted this!  I just had my first app't today, and my OB found a cyst on my right ovary.  He didn't say how big it was and didn't seem overly concerned, but of course I am!  I never dealt with anything like this with DD and it really caught me off guard.  I did have very mild spotting on Monday and he said that was most likely because of the cyst.  I go back in a month as well, so hopefully it'll be gone by then.  GL to you, hope it goes away easily and quickly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"